Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alternant fishing lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default alternant fishing lines

i am thinking about using green nylon tread on my crappie pole you cant see it after about a foot or two and it has zero memory and can hold up to five pounds i was wondering what yall thought about it
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

Post Thanks / Like

abrasion resistance?....
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

Post Thanks / Like

its pretty good
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sulphurspringsfisherman View Post
    its pretty good
    when wet?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

yes

Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with regular mono, or braid?

Post Thanks / Like

easy to see in water and it has line memory so its curled in the water and when you jig you get less action with light jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sulphurspringsfisherman View Post
    easy to see in water and it has line memory so its curled in the water and when you jig you get less action with light jigs
    Just get better line. Try some copolymers.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

cant get that here

Post Thanks / Like

For crappie if your really worried about line memory just use a small braided line. Here you go right here, this is 150 yards of 8lb Green braided line with ZERO memory for 12 bucks at Wal Mart.
    Not only that but it has the diameter of 1lb test line!! Yep thats right the diameter of 1lb test, lol. So it will work on the smallest reels very easily and if you happen to hook a 8lb bass by accident while crappie fishing you should be able to haul him in no problem as long as your drag is not too tight.

Walmart.com: Power Pro Fishing Line - Moss Green, 150 yards, 8 lbs: Fishing & Boating

Even if you don't have a wal mart in your town just order some line over the internet. You might even find it cheaper if you google search for it. I'm sure its much stronger than thread.

In all honesty sometimes we overthink problems like fishing line. I used mono for 20 years and caught thousands and thousands of fish. Out of all those I only ever had my line snapped a few times and that really wasn't the mono's fault. Each time it was because of a much larger fish than expected took my bait. Like a 40lb catfish or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast