Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday On Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday On Smithville

gonna take the two little ones up inthe morning and catch a few. will be fishing just north of honker cove against east bank. found several fish there a few days ago, lots of dinks with a few 9-10 inchers mixed in. if your up that way swing by and say howdy. just listen for two little ones, youll find me.

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney, I was hopin you might come down to Truman in the am. This oughta be a hoot.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Rodney take care of little ones, kids that is.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, coming back from MTL tomorrow. Lets hook up and fish some. Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney we expect a full report, even though I don't have a clue where Honker cove is. Going to try Sunday morning. When we ran into you all in Linn Branch your kids weren't near as loud as N2allmustangs complaining about losing fish and jigs.
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default well

thats where one of my rods went. to the bottom, and i cant even blame it on the kids.with one fish on i laid the other one on the deck,when i heard something i turned just in time to watch my 8ft b&m ultima flying into about 13 ft of water. i think it was a white bass, there were a couple of schools in the area. after an unsuccessful retreive and wiping the tears from my eyes we caught probably 75 fish with about 15 keepers 9-10 inches, and abby my 6 year girl caught the two biggest both being about 11 1/2 & 12 inches. honker cove is straight east of w ramp. when you make the circle around timber in center of lake going up to lynn branch. we fished all the trees that are now no longer under water on that east bank before you get to that row of red bouys. hope you can figure that out im not good with directions. maybe alex could load one of his maps and explain it , i think he knows where im talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rodney maybe you can talk Scott in to getting your rod hes into skin diving
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney,
    You going out sunday? I frogot to tell you. you have a break light out on your trailer. Did you catch yourfish jiging? I May hit canp branch tomorrow.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Default saturday night

fished from about 9-2 caught alot of small ones no keepers. fished under green light in about 25' of water. tried shallower (10-12) could not get a bite. blue and white seemed best color. not quite as hot after sun goes down.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sorryKCCRAPPIE

JUST now checking in. but yes caught them all on jigs orange/chart and red/chart. i didnt go this morning because i thought i would try a little night fishing like trs75. if that was you trs near the mouth of rock creek i was the next boat just to the east of you about 100 yards or so.like you i caught several shorts right after sundown and it went downhill from there. fished under white lite, didnt have as many shad come in as expected.fished till about 1am, or so but it was a nice nite on the lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast