Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stk 7/30

Post Thanks / Like

Default stk 7/30

Bite still slow need to jump piles. caught 18 all with in site of 215 bridge. Only 11 kept lost something big in pile and it was over. Well maybe next time. It stired the pile up so much could not get another bite. Moved to different pile no bites. In the morn couldn't get bait passed little 4inch bass. A lot of schools ,must have been a good spawn. ThE BEST TO ALL ,May try googer next week, Any help would be nice. The little schools go away after in gets brighter. Bet you guys knew that. Been getting at least one big drum every trip. Maybe thats the stir up.Any thoughts on that one.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got a few for your troubles.

Post Thanks / Like

drum follow crappie,

fish should go to the shade high sun, that could mean shallow in the brush,deep water, boat docks, the drum hang out under the crappie and eat the left overs, they will also hit hard baits,and jigs, fighting little fish for sure. your wearing out the north end of the lake. congrats. on the catching looks like a good catch to short ratio.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Newt, best I have seem in awhile. Glad some are being caught, any size to them?

Post Thanks / Like

I need to expand my horizons on Stockton, I've never fished that part of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I got out late today, and the bite was slower. We did well the last 3 days, though. My group from St Louis took home their limits and had 3 or 4 over 1# each that went back to the brush piles....when the bite gets slow in and over the brush, try bottom jigging on the shady and shallow side....it worked pretty good. We fished on main lake north of all bridges!
    Nothing in less than 18 fow........Good fishin' to all...............
    Let's go Fishin'