Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Popup

I am getting very disgusted with all of the popups in each thread. Is any of you'll getting them or is it on my computer. I don't know if Crappie. Com is getting paid for this or what. If so I am very sorry for bringing this up. If not, well if they want to advertise, advertise something that pertains to the forum, hunting, fishing, or outdoors activity. If it is only me getting this, please LET ME KNOW!!! Always, Scoot.

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never gotten any on CDC and i have been on here for over four years. it must be a virus or spyware or something. not really a tech guy.

doc
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Scoot if you are using Mozilla Firefox browser click on tool, options and then check popup blocker. That should take care of it for you.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

The only protection I have now is Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. In between JRow reply and what I am typing in is an advertisement about Ram Trucks, and on the left side there is an advertisement about Walleye Direct.com. Thanks j Row. I will changing browser pretty soon. I was thinging about FireFox.

Post Thanks / Like

There are advertising banners on cdc but shouldnt "popup" unless you click on them.

Post Thanks / Like

You got spyware and or a virus

It's very common to get these things in this day and age so don't feel bad. However, if you enable some popup blocker all your doing is putting tape over the problem. The virus/spyware will still be there and could be infecting your computer further as time goes on.
    One day you could get on your computer 3 weeks from now and it might just start shuttting down or freezing up if you don't fix the problems you have.

Now there are tons and tons of software out there for fixing such problems and every person will have a different opinion on which one is the best etc.

Microsoft has its own virus software now and its totally FREE!! If you have a legit copy of windows you can get it straight from microsoft and some of my buddies swear that its awesome.
    It's called Security Essentials and you can download it right here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

I personally use BitDefender but you have to pay for it and it can be complicated to set up so it runs smooth on your system. You could pay 50 bucks for Norton or one of the other name brand virus softwares but why not give Microsofts free one a try first.

Also popup blockers are great for blocking legit ads on a lot of websites but I never have any pop up on crappie.com so I am assuming it is indeed a virus or spyware you are infected with.
    If you'd still like a good pop-up blocker you can't go wrong with getting Google toolbar. It's free and has a built in blocker that blocks about 98% of every ad I have ever encountered. It also allows me to search google easily and quickly.
    Yahoo, bing and many others have one too but the Google one is my favorite for the last 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Get you some spywear and adwear, search google for them.
    Leave two for seed. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not getting popups unless it's a crappie popping up out of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the browsers that I use, well they aren't popups until you hover the mouse over the green words in the messages. But they have been doing adds at the bottom of the pages for a long time.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Type in "free pop up blocker" in your search engine, hit enter, pick one, and download it for free.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast