Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chess game

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chess game

Love chess, but the problem is noboby will play me
    Dont like to play on the internet against real people, reason scared of getting a virus
    Get tired of playing against the computer.......no emomtions

So guessing the last 6-8 years have been teaching my grandchildren to play
    two of them are adults now with children.

My feeling on chess is it is like life you have to learn to make the right moves

We are have a sleep over and there are 8 here.
    Started teaching a 11 year old yesterday. He never played before had to teach him the names of the parts.

Not bragging but that kid is smart..........he is a natural in 3 games on the third game he had me on the ropes.........I am good in fact wonderful player
    and proud of it...........

This boy could go a long ways.........in life
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool!
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

My brother use to be good at chess. I hated it and never really understood it. He was very good but could not get many people to play with him. I admit, he was much smarter than me, but I had rather been fishin

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I play the computer all the time.........BEGINNER LEVEL! I like to win.:rolleyes::D:D:D:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

have you ever tried playing the chess at Yahoo? You can play others without worrying about getting a virus. I'll play you a game sometime. I'm way out of practice, but, could most likely beat about 70% of any challenges even out of practice.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Never been much for Chess, but I do enjoy a good game of Scrabble.

Post Thanks / Like

I, like you, do not like playing on the internet. Yes it is hard finding people to sit down for three hours to play a game, if need be. Though, I do not believe one possesses a higher intellect because they play chess. I have won several tournaments back in the day. The killer was that I have run into quite a few people who are dayum good and put you to shame. I always thought I was good hehehe... Really it is a fun game. It has been a few years since I have played.

I taught my daughter how to play some years back;like you, I was tickled pink that she would even show interest in the game. However, she soon lost interest.

Man , I'd get those boys together on winter nights and those rainy days and host tournaments and have a large time.
    I remember the guy that taught me how to play chess. His name was Adam Motherwell, he worked at the Boys Club, and I was about 8 years old.

Reaper, I challenge you ....sissy.....:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    I like you Reaper, I challenge you ....sissy.....:D

I hope you don't like me as much as JWhite and Billbobs trailer episode..... I'm thinkin I could whup you in less than 25 moves, might play poker at the same time too.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

actually i'm texting the boy right now while surfing the net. though that is one bond one will not bust up, those boys are joined at the hip.

25 moves, i think not....

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    I hope you don't like me as much as JWhite and Billbobs trailer episode..... I'm thinkin I could whup you in less than 25 moves, might play poker at the same time too.

Post Thanks / Like

I too enjoy Chess, however I havent played in a very long time.
    Used ot play ont eh phone with a buddy.

I too have been teaching the kids games, we switch it up however most of the time its card games, Euchre, Dummy Rummy when more than 4 show up which has been frequently lately. Cribbage, Scrabble, and a few others. I taught them Sheepshead, several of them caught on, smoe didn't. Sheepshead is like Euchre on steroids.

The kids are now ealry-mid twenty's. Been playing at least once a night per week for aabout 8 years now.

They also bring thier own booze now too. :D
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!