Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default night lights

I've found a good way to beat the heat. I've been fishing at night under a couple floating lights off the dock at Riss Lake in Parkville.
    We've caught some nice crappies (13 inches is the biggest) each time out, fishing 20 feet down in 40 feet of water. But the surprising thing is that we're catching 10 to 12 trout each time out. We stocked them in October and we wondered if they might survive, given that we have water as deep as 80 feet here.
    Well, they've survived. Makes for a nice mixed bag catch. The crappies are a little stubborn, though. We'll catch two or three on one color tube jig or grub, then we'll have to switch to another color.
    I guess color does make a difference, especially when you're fishing in one spot like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your starting to figure them out.way to go
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

cool trout and crappie, did not know of lakes with trout in them in MO. once again c.c comes through lear something everyday on here. congrats on the catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color

Yeah I know some who only use a few colors. I find that if I am on the crappie that if I was using say a green and chart., that if I change just to a little different shade of the same color that sometimes I will bring them back to bitting. CRAPPIE ARE WEIRD!