Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP has ethanol free gas??

Post Thanks / Like

Default BP has ethanol free gas??

I was at a BP the other day and noticed a label on the mid-grade gas that said "ethanol free". Regular and supreme did not have the label. Anyone know if all BP's carry it? The one I was at was at exit 157 on 85 between Burlington and Durham. If so I will start filling the boat at BP, despite the bad press over the oil spill.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not trust anything BP has on there pumps or what they have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

bp should give their gas away free for as many days it takes to clean the mess up in the gulf!
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided not to buy any BP products for the foreseeable future, it will take a long time before i will put any trust in them.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCF View Post
    I was at a BP the other day and noticed a label on the mid-grade gas that said "ethanol free". Regular and supreme did not have the label. Anyone know if all BP's carry it? The one I was at was at exit 157 on 85 between Burlington and Durham. If so I will start filling the boat at BP, despite the bad press over the oil spill.
    Chris, without getting into the spill issue, BP,s gasoline is supposed to be ethenol free as well as HESS which is a division of BP and close to my house. There is not another gas station close to my house that sells ethenol free gas so I buy mine there. I'm no fan of BP right now but I ain't putting ethenol in my boat just to spite them.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

B4 everybody gangs up on BP,,which ive never had a problem with,,,i heard on the radio today that the oil rig exploded,,is not what caused the spill..report i heard was that bp,s inhouse firemen couldnt do their job the way they wanted too becacse the us coast guard came in and gave orders to use so much pressured water,,instead of the foam,,and the pressure was too much and caused the leak--who knows--but if theres anything to this i,m sure it,ll break in the nex few days...i,m no fireman so im not sure of the wording,,...i dont know where all that oil came from anyways the government says we aiint got no oil..im like palin drill baby drill.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with the motor manufacturere about the mid grade gas.... When I picked my boat up they stressed that I needed to use REGULAR gas only....

Post Thanks / Like

BP uses a chemical they call "Invigorate". I tried searching the web for what it actually is and had no luck. They claim it "cleans" your engine as you drive..ie just like ethanol.
    I may be reading more into this than necessary but anyone else know what "invigorate" really is?

Post Thanks / Like

I ask a manager of a local Hess station about them being a division of BP and she said they weren't. In fact she said they get a lot of their fuel from Exxon and all of there gasoline has ethanol in it. If this product called invigorate cleans an engine like ethanol, wouldn't it be just as bad for an outboard engine, especially a 2-stroke?

Post Thanks / Like

Invigorate is just a word that BP uses to market gasoline.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast