Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another Crappieless trip on the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Crappieless trip on the Rock

Tried point 12 around the islands this morning and never caught a single Crappie. That's not exactly a surprise considering my luck the last few trips. Did catch a 3 pound Cat and a 16 inch Green carp the first tree I pulled up to so had high hopes of a good day.
    I fished the standing timber hard and got a few hits but couldn't hook anything. Once when I pulled the rig up to check the minner a 4 inch bass was following it, so suspect it was them nibbling on it instead of Crappie. Tried dippin trees and spider rigging with one minner and one jig on which i tried several colors but no luck on anything.
    Locator is back in the shop again so couldn't tell temperature or mark any fish or shad. Saw several schools of Whites chasing shad, but they didn't stay up but for a minute or so
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is still tough down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Man it's been a bad year on the rock for crappies. I wonder what happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody I've talked to can figure it out other than something to do with the big flood two or three years ago. The Bass population doesn't seem to be affected as the tournament fishing has been good and there are TONS of 10 to 14 inch Kentuckies and Largemouth where I have been fishing for Crappie. Seems like every time I go over a ball of Shad I pick up 1 to 4 Bass, but no Crappie.

Another odd thing is that in my favorite spot I haven't caught but ONE dink since I started fishing there this Spring. So far they have been from 12 to 16 inchers and I lost one that put those to shame!

I think it's time for me to try fishing under lights with a slip bobber rig:D

Quote Originally Posted by pvasst1 View Post
    Man it's been a bad year on the rock for crappies. I wonder what happened?
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Barn and I fished for Green Carp last night. Why, cuz the crappie fishin' sucks so bad i at least want something on the end of my line.
    We may do some trolling for crappie next week but the best either of us have done this summer is 8 crappie in 6 hours of trollin'.

No one else i've talked to is doing any good.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

And So It Goes