Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bucksaw area

Post Thanks / Like

Default bucksaw area

how many widow makers are there up above Bucksaw.with the lake up 2 1/2 ft alot of them stumps are going to be under the water alittle

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Should not be bad with it that high. When it gets 10 ft high is wheneither gets tricky for guys who do not run it much. Do you have a gps? I bet someone would let you follow them that morning. You could lay a trail and then fish your way back.

Post Thanks / Like

we got a gps with lake map but sometimes a big ol log wash up in the river channel ,thats what I call a widow maker,hit one of them makes the heart work overtime.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as floaters you should be fine. The Osage can be tricky after rains but the Grand for the most part not bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The only one I know of right now is right about the second power line going up from bucksaw. Sticking up about 6" right on the south edge of the channel.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

You should be ok but they can appear from nowhere.

Post Thanks / Like

So is a first timer gonna have trouble running around up there? Should I not plan on getting above idle? Is it that bad?

Post Thanks / Like

NO ITS NOT TO BAD.... look at the trees they will tell you where the channel is..right know around bucksaw the worst spot is the mouth of shear pin cove.....or better known CEDAR CREEK...around bucksaw just keep your boat right in the middle of the trees..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that's what I was hoping. I've looked at a map but the topo wasn't the greatest so it was kinda hard to tell how hairy things might be.

Post Thanks / Like

for a first timmer iwould suggest going left out of the marina,i have a fillin thats where the bite is.havent fished in 3 weeks but ima thinkn DOWN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast