Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good internet deal sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good internet deal sharing

I have a question about where I would post or find good Internet deals others have found? I can't and don't have time to search all web pages for extremely good deals but try to hit the big sites weekly. Is there a forum that focuses on good deals found, say like minimum 25% off or free shipping, etc... I have seen post for others with individual/homes businesses, but the post locations are random. Please advise.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a site for computers, electronics, etc. called techbargains, but sadly no similar site for fishing/outdoor activities. Good idea though. I've had the same thought. Problem is you can count the outdoorsy sites in the high 2 digits to very low 3 digit numbers and the electronic sites in the many many thousands. The other problem is that the margins in fishing gear are so thin there isn't much to spread around to sites that tell people where to go buy stuff.

Now the good news. There are so few sites that cater to us that doing what your doing really isn't that hard. I have 7 main fishing sales sites bookmarked that are the market dominators and a few specialty sites like the ones that advertise on CC. It adds up to about 20-30 sites with really only about 10 that are really busy and have regular sales, so it's really not that hard to hunt for deals.
    Good things come to those who bait.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    There is a site for computers, electronics, etc. called techbargains, but sadly no similar site for fishing/outdoor activities. Good idea though. I've had the same thought. Problem is you can count the outdoorsy sites in the high 2 digits to very low 3 digit numbers and the electronic sites in the many many thousands. The other problem is that the margins in fishing gear are so thin there isn't much to spread around to sites that tell people where to go buy stuff.

Now the good news. There are so few sites that cater to us that doing what your doing really isn't that hard. I have 7 main fishing sales sites bookmarked that are the market dominators and a few specialty sites like the ones that advertise on CC. It adds up to about 20-30 sites with really only about 10 that are really busy and have regular sales, so it's really not that hard to hunt for deals.
    Grizz while there is not a great board or chat forum for that I think ebay is a very good starting point even though I don't like them that much, they sure saved me a bunch this year.

Got to say I never liked ebay much, but in the last month or two I have saved a bunch of bucks on that place. First is was some Costa® Triple Tail Polarized Sunglasses and I saved close to $100 than what Cabela's had them for. Then it was a Shimano Sustain and including free shipping and tax saved I know that this one saved me over $100. Then not as big I bought a Boga Grip and probably saved close to $50 on it. All of them without a single bid and just using the Buy Now feature.

So I would tell him to check ebay and compare with Cabela's or BPS. The deals are there for sure if you just look.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Skip. I have never bought any fishing stuff from them. I'll have to look a little more than I have in the past.

I didn't list my main tackle goto list earlier. Here they are. BassPro, Cabelas, Tackle Warehouse, FishUSA, LandBigFish, Tackle Direct, Hi's Tackle box. The CC sponsor specialty sites are, of course - Thumpit, Grizzly Jig, and someone who is sadly no longer on the site for mysterious reasons, but was one of my favorite CC tackle makers, Crappiedays Home - Micro Spoons & Jigs

My favorites of the big boys are Landbigfish, FishUSA, and Tackle Warehouse. If your not familiar with them, go check em out. They are great. All the CC guys are my favorites.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

craigslist.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just found a site called slickdeals.net a few days ago. Even though i don't have the money to spend, there are some amazing deals people find on here. I find myself checking it a couple times a day. The posts happen fast so you can go back a couple pages and still see fresh items.

Little bit of everything on there. Look at the Hot Deals forum.