Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Should we have a "Well Wishes", member in need of moral support, forum.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I would like one.

5 27.78%
  • Nope, I think it's a bad idea.

11 61.11%
  • I could not care less one way or the other.

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about a Well Wishes, Support Forum? POLL

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about a Well Wishes, Support Forum? POLL

You all may have read the Spiritual Forum discussion that took place in another thread. I think we concluded that a Spiritual Forum would be to volatile, but in the spirit of the idea, we might be able to use a "Well Wishes" forum where we can wish the best for those in need.

This would not be a religious forum, although stating that you will pray for someone would be perfectly fine. There would not be religious discussion here. It would simply be a place where someone could post about going into surgery, or a friend that is going through some issues, and just wanting support from friends. A friendly place where we could post our best wishes.

Lets answer the poll and see what everyone thinks. Thanks.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

If you keep adding all kinds of forums you take away from what has made this the best fishing forum on the net. JMO
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    If you keep adding all kinds of forums you take away from what has made this the best fishing forum on the net. JMO

i agree. just let people keep doing their posts as they do and leave it at that.

old

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no opinion other than the one posted on the other thread..

I would only ask if Ed continues to add forums that we have an "Index" on the Main Board as to where we should go to make a particular post..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great idea!

How could anyone be against a place to wish someone well?

It would keep that kind of chatter off of the main board and give those that need to post on such topics a place to go to. I know that the well wishes folks ask for should be placed in the OT forum, but everyone seems to ignore that fact, and the mods are hesitant to move the thread for fear of ruffling feathers... and I don't blame them.

Post Thanks / Like

to much.....leave it alone....the systems working well.....have a great one all, GOD bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just keep well wishes to the particular board that person frequents? Like on the Louisiana board I have seen people ask for prayers for someone in bad health and it didn't disrupt the board in anyway. It doesn't happen everyday or even once a week so I never saw a problem with it.

Creating a whole seperate forum for every little thing is getting ridiculous. I first came to crappie.com because I heard it was a great site to find fishing reports and talk to some people about area lake conditions, techniques, etc.

Seems lately I see requests for all sorts of boards popping up. Why not put up a golf board for those of us that play golf? Why not an ATV forum because I know a lot of us own 4 wheelers and such.

We now have a memorial forum and soon to be prayer/well wishes forum. I wonder what people think that first come to this website looking for fishing reports and see all this. No offense but I personally don't want to be reminded of death and sadness at every turn when I'm just trying to browse fishing information.

These are just my opinions and I might of just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning so dont hate on me too hard

Post Thanks / Like

On second thought, I think those that oppose this are right. All sympathy threads and such should be moved to the off topic forum.

I also think this thread and all other non crappie fishing threads that pop up on the main board should be moved to the off topic forum as well... that's why it's there isn't it?

Let's keep the main board pure crappie fishin'!!!

JMO
    Last edited by GCD; 07-27-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

highway?

or?

old

Post Thanks / Like

We have way too many new fourms it will wind up just like the newbie board disruptive. You see how it went lastnight with the spiritual fourm if you ever crack open the door the wrong dogs will come home. Why not just keep it like it is?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast