Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pushing cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing cranks

Seems like I have seen a few people asking about this lately so i thought I'd link an article I ran across on the BnM website:

BNM Fishing
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

good read. thanks for sharing. thinking bout trying to push a few myself. i wonder about his setup. looks like it could be a tangle nightmare. i was thinking an egg sinker above a swivel an then 2'-3' leader to bait might minimize tangles. anyone pushin have any input on the rig style????

Post Thanks / Like

you should go to the mississippie board and read http://www.crappie.com/crappie/missi...nks-101-a.html it has alot of good info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
    you should go to the mississippie board and read http://www.crappie.com/crappie/missi...nks-101-a.html it has alot of good info.
    i'll agree with you, but you have to read thru the 55 pages of B.S. to get the info outta the other 10 pages. i've read it twice and yes good info but mostly on pullin.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
    good read. thanks for sharing. thinking bout trying to push a few myself. i wonder about his setup. looks like it could be a tangle nightmare. i was thinking an egg sinker above a swivel an then 2'-3' leader to bait might minimize tangles. anyone pushin have any input on the rig style????
    Probably a tangle nightmare for crankin noobs like me ...

I think your rig idea is shared by many that push cranks..much less chance for tangles...
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at the trolling sinkers we use for saltwater trolling (in-line style) and thinking it may work better because of less drag on the slimmer weights than the big barrel style....I haven't tried pushing cranks yet, but will be soon as the temps drop back in the 80's. Thinking of using the smaller lipless cranks and cranks with shallow running lips and also changing hooks out to a bigger treble hook too.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Been pushin cranks for years and the rig is use is prettysimple.Tie a snap swivel on the end of your line,this is for the wt. 2 oz. is all i ever use.Tie another line to the snap swivel eye and 30 in. of line and another snap swivel for crank bait. I use 10lb mr. crappie hi vis. wt can be changed to suit conditions.If i get into shallow water 5ft or less remove wt.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

How well do the cranks show up on the front transducer while pushing? Hopeing they do to help adjust depth to match where the fish are holding.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigKyd View Post
    Seems like I have seen a few people asking about this lately so i thought I'd link an article I ran across on the BnM website:

BNM Fishing
    I read that last week and it is good. I do wish they had made that picture of the rigging bigger as I really can't see exactly how it's rigged as small as the picture and the captions are.

Post Thanks / Like

The quality isn't much better but it is bigger.

Name:  Crank spider rig (Medium).jpg
Views: 579
Size:  54.1 KB
    If you have arrived here by accident, I suggest panic!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast