Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Stroke/ 2 Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Stroke/ 2 Stroke

Well, I'm wanting to buy a new 15hp motor for my aluminum boat. I plan on hunting by boat instead of 4 wheeler so I need something dependable... Everything I look is nothing but 4 strokes. Is there Any Yammy or Merc dealers around here that still sell 2 stroke?
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey OX, how about one of those mud motors. They can't be beat for hunting and can almost be run on wet grass.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would, I love the Pro Drive we have at work now, but I'll be using it for yoyo's and such too so I'll need a quick reverse and would prefer a 2 stroke because I don't want to have to deal with changing the oil several times a year. Friends of mine that have 4 strokes and yoyo or run trot lines have a lot of problems with them making oil. They just aren't made for idling or real slow travel.
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

what about a evinrude etec 15hp high output?
    15-HO | High Output (H.O.) | Evinrude.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking pretty hard at those etecs at one time. As a matter of fact, our division at work is talking about swapping from yammys to Evinrude. But I've been hearing more and more bad things about them... I'm not even sure of anyone sells them in my area. I will have to call around and get some prices
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

there is a owner forum on evinrude web page. you might check it out. Ive talked to a guy at the boat ramp twice this year who ran a 150hp jet etec. guy said he loves it and that it didnt use much oil. good luck in your hunt for a motor.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Gator tail mud motors have a reveres like an outboard
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

15 etec weighs as much as the 30 and costs the same as the 25. It was designed to be a kicker for sailboats and big glass rigs.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a nissan 4 stoke 9.8 does good for yo-yo's. easy start ildes good does'nt make oil an i put it to the test. it's easy on gas to. cost around 2 grand 3 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

4S only way to go now, no 2S being made umder 40HP, oil only needs to be changed every 100 hrs, way cheaper to operate than 2S, Tohatsu 15 runs about 2200 manual start and 2500 electirc start, its the same moter as a Nissan or Mercury since they build all 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast