Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Squally!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squally!!!

Hit the edges of Four League Bay (Morgan City) this am with Dr. Metz (St. Mary Parish Coroner, but still a decent sort of guy! :rolleyes.
    Began with just a few squalls - and very few reds, but as the squalls began to increase, so did the bite. Ended up with seven in the box and released eight shorts, pitching spinnerbaits around the grass - and I have no clue where we were except near Lost Lake, Mosqiuito Bayou, and Point au Fer. Then the squalls got more active than the fish, so we ran - and barely beat the lightning to the Berwick launch. BARELY!
    I'm getting too old for that kinda stuff, but I sure like to feel a red thump a spinnerbait! :D
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Pete, thanks for the report. If you think a red thumping a spinner bait is great, wait til you learn to get them crappies to thump you jig. (just had to say it)
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah PPG, that is a trip. Only problem is, during the past quarter of a century, the only crappie "thumps" I've felt have been with Dwyane on Bundick's during winter, and my fingers were so cold that I missed a lot of the thrill.
    Still wondering how many strikes I had that I didn't feel! :D
    I'll tell you this, though - I am really looking forward to doing it again next winter!!!!!!!
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish you the best my friend, I'll be trying to catch some this winter too, I hope.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, Congrats on the catch.. I have never caught a red on a spinner, but i bet they put up a good fight... and don't feel lonely, i am waiting for it to cool off some too so i can hit the lake again. Last time i went was a long time ago and i sat in the heat for 6 hours and only caught 4. (i think)
    You can't fish with a hung line!