Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie.Where are they?

ISOCrappie Guest

Question Newbie.Where are they?

Hello all,I am new to this site and new to crappie fishin.I was always bass until getting addicted to slabs a few months ago at Tsala apopka chain and panasoffkee.The only problem is they stopped biting and i cannot catch any now.Is anyone catching them around west central florida?I have some vacation time next week and would really like to go somewhere to catch some.I guess harris will be busy this weekend.Is that bad or good for them?Is there anywhere someone could let me know where i could go catch some?I appreciate your response and the info on this board,Tight lines to ya.

Wiley Coyote Guest

ISO:

They're killing them at Trafford. That's a couple miles west of Imokalee, which is just east of Fort Myers. Green jigs or minnows, if you must.

I've been catching a few in ponds and lakes around Broward county, but they're not on fire or anything. Yet.

I have also heard that Okeechobee stinks this year. The storms must have really messed things up. But you might check out Harney Pond Canal, a little north of Moore Haven.