Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stockton not good for us

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton not good for us

6:30 on water first fish 8:15 still slow for me and a friend. Wind moved around some ,every thing but from south. Still found some in hawkers and north and east of 215 bridge. Lots of bits the lite bite turned out to be gills. Ended up with 16 fish caught 7-keeper crappies big was 12,3/4 inch. To me not a bad C on the stk. Share if you read this post your largest C YOU CAUGHTon the pond. Kind of hate to say this because fish stories get out of hand. On 9-22 one over 14 inches come lose top of water tried to net it but missed OH that's fishing. Biggest ive seen on that pond. Enough for this trip.HAVE A GO DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Way to get out and catch some I thought it would be tough today with the storm that went through last night. My rule on Stockton is 3 days of stable weather makes for good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I went this AM....sun came out and the "players" about the time I did......Went in to mow....Launched again around 6:30 PM...walleye fished till around 7:30....none.... move to a brush pile and caught 14 keepers and a few shorts...all went back....21fow right off bottom.....blu/white and red/pearl BG baits..Had to get under the "Gills", though!
    Evening bite may be turning on!
    You will catch most of your big fish on the main lake in winter or up lake now in shallower water. There are good numbers of 14" crappie here, but not many are caught!
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

alwaysfishin when you talk about up lake what general area are you talking about up the rivers or toward the dam? Usually toward the end of August into September we do pretty good up the rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

I am referring to the areas far enough the arms where you can find shallow trees close to channels and drops.....upper 1/3 of the lake......
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Way to get out and catch some I thought it would be tough today with the storm that went through last night. My rule on Stockton is 3 days of stable weather makes for good fishing.
    waiter till 5 no ring ring. went outside no wind going fishing i says. loaded the uss scamp, 5 gal bucket, 2 poles off i goes. home at 10:30 later buzzy

Post Thanks / Like

last year up from Highpoint the ole girl gave up a couple of 15 in. to me and a buddy during the spawn. That was probably the single best day I've had. We probably caught 60 or so that day and never a short. And that ain't no fish story