Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome hand deodorizer/cleaner!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Awesome hand deodorizer/cleaner!!!

How has everyone been doin' ? It's been a few months since I have been here. I've got to do a little work on my motor before I can start fishin' real heavy again so I am going to pull the starter tomorrow and get it fixed. I also need to get the seals changed in the lower unit.

I have found an odor remover/handcleaner that is just awesome! It is called "Green Stuff " and it is distributed by Farrar Distributing Company located in Clarksville, Arkansas 72830 / (479) 754-3322

"Boomer" at Earlybird Outfitters in Russelville,Arkansas demonstrated how effective this product was by marking the top of his hand with a permanent marker then quickly passing his hand under running water. He then took just a small pinch of the "Green Stuff " and scrubbed his hands together for just a few seconds. He then rinsed them off. Absolutely no trace of the marker left!

I had to unhook my fuel line one time and it sprayed gas all over my hand. Looking around for something to use I grabbed the "Green Stuff " out of my boat. I wet my hands, took a good pinch of the "Green Stuff " and scrubbed my hands and rinsed. I was so amazed, there was absolutely no fuel smell left on my hands!

How many times have you had to fill up your tank or put on sunscreen and wish you had something to remove the smell before handling your bait or jigs?

I know by now your thinking that I'm trying to sell this product. I have absolutely nothing to do with that.

I am just a crappie fisherman that has found an awesome product that serves me very well and I just want to pass it on to a few friends!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/IM001193.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/IM001194.jpg
    Last edited by slabbandit; 01-26-2006 at 06:48 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I am interested I have a diesel truck now and sometimes I wind up get that stuff all over my hands when fueling it up.And you know thats one of those smells thats hard to get ride of.How or where can I get some of that stuff??

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Crappie Fisher, It says right on the container it will remove diesel, paint, adhesives, grease, and just about anything.

The copyright is 1982 so this stuff has been around for quite a while. I bought mine at Earlybirds Outfitters in Russellvile AR. for 2.99 for a small container, probably a couple of ounces. No more than you use at a time it last a long time.

If I were you I would contact Farrar Distributing Company at (479) 754-3322 located in Clarksville, AR. and have them find a dealer closer to you.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/IM001193.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/IM001194.jpg
    Last edited by slabbandit; 01-26-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by an old timer a few weeks ago that you should wash your hands in vinegar to deodorize them. Has anyone else tried this and did you notice a difference? We were talking about how smells affect the fish and ask what kind of work I did. When I said I was a diesel mechanic, he thought I would see a big difference.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Slabbandit I have been gone all weekend.Do you know if they might have a web site?Stray Im not sure what would be worse the smell of the vinegar or diesel???

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that undiluted liquid laundry detergent is the best for getting the smell of fish off your hands. Just pour a dab on your hands and wash then rinse lightly so it thins out the detergent then scrub again with whats left over and more water. Just a tidbit I've run across that I thought fit in this thread.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappie Fisher, I've been out of town for a while. As far as I can tell they don't have a website. I gave all the info I could get off of the container.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find any " Green Stuff " here in e Tx. I may try to buy a case for my buddies here. Phoned them (closed sat pm) and left my number.

Post Thanks / Like

Most hand cleaners with citrus will kill the fish smells.

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that liquid car wash will get the fish smell off your hands after cleaning them. One day after cleaning a bunch, I happened to see my car wash sitting next to where I was at. I picked it up ,and with just a little squirt,the fish smell was gone.
    Remember, throw'em back unless ITZAKEEPER ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast