Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truman starting to pick up

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman starting to pick up

I tried some old spots and they produced nothing. Started fishing some new stuff on my way back to the marina. Took some advise from a DR that I fished with a few times and started just looking for skinny branchs as I ran down the lake. Had 4 tournament fish and 8 to 10 eaters plus a handful of next years eaters. Caught some on a flat just past Flathead cove. The rest all came from between the mouth of SuperMan creek and the 17 limit tree on that little flat. All came from 9 to 16 ft of water 10 ft down unless I was fishing shallower than 10 ft and those came from one turn up from the bottom. May go give it a try again in the morning. May go dip hedge in silage creek and push some cranks along Eagle bluff or back around SuperMan creek. The DR sure would be proud of me today.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are able to get back out and fish again! Nice report. Funny but I don't find a lot of those places listed on the maps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Caught some on a flat just past Flathead cove. The rest all came from between the mouth of SuperMan creek and the 17 limit tree on that little flat. May go dip hedge in silage creek and push some cranks along Eagle bluff or back around SuperMan creek. The DR sure would be proud of me today.
    LOL. I love the code, big guy!! :D
    Damn tournament fishermen!!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a clue as to what you just said but I think it means the shots are working, your back feels better and you are fishing again.......glad to see you are getting back after them!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys must not have the new map like the one I loaded in my HDS Lowrance. This was the first day of catching anything worth talking about out of the last 4 times I have been out. Have been playing alot with some new techniques lately with little success. Was good to feel the thump again today. One of my big ones had me wraped around a limb for a second and I thought I have a wall mounter for a bit. It was fun fun but man did it get hot fast.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught close to 30 bass this morning. Largest was only about 3 1/2 lbs. Spooks and pop-r's early and crankbaits later in the morning. Pulled a real nice black crappie from a cedar tree then went right back to bass fishing. Dang, that was a hard thing to do!! It was a great time with a good friend.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

good news but lets hope it stay hot and slow till I get up there next week, dont want anyone catching to many, may not be any left for me to catch, my freezer is empty.

Post Thanks / Like

Atta way Jared, sounds like you got some. Not sure if that was you that waved this morning and who I waved back at, dang sun was low angle right in the eyes. My day was more like your previous trips. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I thought was you I tried to honk as well as wave but the dang thing sounded like a horn on a bike. Will have to get that looked at. Was nice to finally catch a few. Mike I seen a boat fishing your favorite cedar tree today. I was going to run him off but he was leaving when I went by. Hopefully he left a few for you next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news. I think there'll be some left for Beagle. There'll be plenty of bubbles.

I haven't been down there in a few weeks and sure miss it. Such a great place to be, Truman Lake. I guess I'll wait till the restuarant opens back up, so I can get some breakfast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast