Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has an Eagle brand fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who has an Eagle brand fish finder

I'm going to buy a fish finder in the next week or two to mount on my 15' jon boat. I want a good color unit, with a decent size screen, wide cone and temperature. I've check out all the brands - Lowrance, Garmin, Hummingbird and Raymarine. The one that seems to meet all my requirements and is reasonably priced is made by Eagle.

In particular, I'm looking at this model:

Eagle FishMark 500c

I'm not too familiar with Eagle. I understand it's made by Lowrance. Is this a good brand? Does anyone have any advice/comments on this make or model? Any input would be appreciated.

Here's this unit's specs from the Eagle website:

Display:

Ultra-bright, 5" (12.7 cm) diagonal screen
    256-color, active matrix TFT LCD
    High-definition 320Vx240H resolution
    Fluorescent cold-cathode backlit screen and keypad
    Simplified keypad
    Transparency feature permits viewing of sonar graph through menu displays
    Overlay Data feature displays select digital readings over the sonar graph

Sonar:

Depth capability to 800 ft* (244 m) with 1500 watts of peak-to-peak power (187W RMS)
    High-performance, low-profile 200 kHz Skimmer® transducer with built-in temp sensor delivers up to 60° of fish detection area with high sensitivity settings - Operates at boat speeds up to 70 mph (61 kts) - Variety of other transducer purchase options available
    Trolling speed and distance log readings available with purchase of an optional sensor
    Adjustable ping speed with automatic HyperScroll™ to display fish targets at higher boat speeds
    Choice of six color display modes to match outdoor light conditions, and to help reveal fish hidden in underwater cover
    FasTrack™ vertical bar flasher displays real-time sonar returns and relative strength of each target
    Advanced Signal Processing (ASP™) automatically adjusts your settings for the best sonar picture
    COLORLINE™ separates fish from nearby structure and bottom, and helps define bottom composition and hardness
    Advanced Fish I.D.™ shows underwater targets in different sizes of fish symbols
    FishTrack™ displays target depth readings above fish symbols
    Surface water temperature readings come from a built-in temp sensor in the transducer
    Zoom with zoom bottom tracking and easy zoom-in/out control
    Selective on/off sonar alarms: Shallow, Deep, Fish and Zone
    Regards,
    Rowland

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the new ones but my buddy has been using one for many years with no problems.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

used one for 8 yrs. before it wore out... 225-250 days a yr...highly recommended!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I Don't Know A Lot About Depth Finders, But I Have A Friend That Works For Bp. He Said The Same Thing About Lowrance Making Eagle
    Df And That If I Were In The Market For One, To Go With The Eagle
    Because I Could Get More For My Money And Not Pay Extra For
    The Name. When I Buy One I Am Going For The Eagle.

Best Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good so far.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

i've got a Eagle cuda 168 and it works good, but my brother-in-law has the one your wanting, but its don't have the color and he likes his alot.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Eagle Fishmark 240 on my bow and an Eagle Fishmark 480 in the back. I love em both.

Eagle is made by Lowrance. Identical to the comparable Lowrance units without some of the bells and whistles.
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought an Eagle Fishmark 480. i havent used it yet but looking forward to.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Ultra III that I have had for I'm sure at least 10 years and just bought an Eagle 480. Have had it out on 2 short trips and still learning it but sure like what I have seen so far. I am using it on the TM. I am still playing with the sense and grayline to get it where I'm happy, almost there, just a little more twicking. Then those stumps will really stand out. Very happy with Eagle brand DF's.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Eagle ultra classic on the dash and the Eagle fisheasy on the bow.

The Ultra classic is super, love it. The Fisheasy....it's ...ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast