Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Iowa-excess water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iowa-excess water

You guys need any extra water down there? We have plenty to spare. My Triton is getting tired of running around a no-wake lake, but all the big lakes are "really" big with a lot of logs and trash in them. Please, take some of this water!

As to fishing, didn't get out this week, but about 3 times last week. Crappie were really slow. Minnows about 12ft. Nice gills and white bass were still biting. LG bass in the 15-16 inch range were obtainable, but the keepers (18 inch) were really hard to find.

I'm ready for a road trip. Any good lakes with biting fish down there?

gunner

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of slow down here at Truman also. Come on down next weekend. The gang will be at Bucksaw Friday evening and Saturday day for the tournament and Saturday night also. Sounds like you are getting lots of use out of the new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

twain has been kind to me lately. actually, before this last stormy spell, it was pretty easy for a limit of 9" ers with several slabs mixed in. and I hear the fishin is still pretty good even after the lake jumped 5 ft. heard the water wasn,t too muddey, and not much floating trash. I,m headed up sunday, weather permiting, I,ll let you know how it was for me. what part of Iowa are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

oh, yah, the fish were 8-10 ft deep over 25-40 ft of water. I'd fish the west or north side, look for the bigger trees.

Post Thanks / Like

More rain here last night (again). Had a shooting match this moring, and family thing this afternoon, so hopefully will get the boat wet tomorrow. I'm from Central Iowa. I live about 4 miles from Big Creek and Saylorville lakes. I want to get down to Rathbun, but way too much water flowing in there.

Bucksaw next weekend sounds like fun. Don't think I can make it, but have not ruled it out yet. I would love getting down there to see you guys.

I've never fished Twain, so I will appreciate the updates Slab

gunner

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gunner it's good to hear from ya
    we don't need any water down here at cape girardeau the mississppi river is going crazy!!! We have been 2-10 feet over flood stage for bout 2 months !!!
    But go across the river in western Kentucky and it's almost a drought they can't get any rain hmmm go figure!!

Let us know if you make a trip down to Missouri it would b good to hear from ya again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gunner, it looks like your sending all those rain clouds to Twain. They should be gettng another dose of heavy rain this eveing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_1911 View Post
    You guys need any extra water down there? We have plenty to spare. My Triton is getting tired of running around a no-wake lake, but all the big lakes are "really" big with a lot of logs and trash in them. Please, take some of this water!

As to fishing, didn't get out this week, but about 3 times last week. Crappie were really slow. Minnows about 12ft. Nice gills and white bass were still biting. LG bass in the 15-16 inch range were obtainable, but the keepers (18 inch) were really hard to find.

I'm ready for a road trip. Any good lakes with biting fish down there?

gunner

saw on the news today a dam broke on a lake up there in eastern iowa and flooded a town i think.

old

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that about the broken dam too......damn :-). I talked to my cousin. He works for the corps of Eng. at Rathbun. I guess water levels are "20" ft over normal levels. That is a lot of water!! Too high for me. He's retiring this year, so I've been trying to get down there before he quits,to show me all the good spots. He's been there since the early 70's, he should know a few of them.