Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme tomorrow 7/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme tomorrow 7/24

Going up early in the morning before it gets too hot and the big boats take over to see if we can't swing a few. We'll be putting in at Pittsburg Park and fishing between there and Nemo bridge. I'll report back tomorrow whether good, bad or indifferent.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you,hope to here something good

Post Thanks / Like

Good Im Thinking About Hitting Bolivar Landing Tommorow Night Maybe After Dark Ill Look For Your Report Might Help Me I Need All I Can Get Good Luck Hope You Slay Them
    JASONS JIGS AND MORE
    4173263300 JKBFLY ON EBAY

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. hope you get into em.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Well I said I'd report back good, bad or indifferent so here goes.........it was bad. Tried a lot of different things and nothing worked. Shallow brush, deep brush, long poling standing timber, I had one short. Water temp. was 88 and warming up when we left, good color, but there was a lot of wind today that made it difficult at best to fish some places.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get a chance to go again try swimming jigs past the pole timber, it works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Any certain depths? Actually I had my Mom and Dad with me and they were doing some of that while I was trying the long pole. They pitched it past the tree and let it pendulum swing past it or would swim it past depending on how close to the tree we were. We spent quite a bit of time in Haverstick and fished a lot of the visible and non-visible standing timber all over it. I will spend more time doing that next time and there will be a next time but first I have to go to Truman next Saturday and have my rearend handed to me. I'm just hoping not to embarass myself, I'd like to weigh in a fish anyhow

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I failed to mention, probably on half a dozen occasions yesterday they bit the tail end off of my jig. I was using Bobby Garland slab slayers and they'd bite it off right where the body meets the tail. Most of the time I kept it tipped with a crappie nibble and they'd just suck that right off without hooking up. I just couldn't seem to figure out what or how they wanted it.

Post Thanks / Like

pvasst1 when they do that to me I put on a small trailer hook and nab there little butts, but alas it usually ends up being pearch, them little rascals can do damage to them jigs pretty quick, well hope your day was good none the less, may yur next trip be better.

crappie up