Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Life Like" opinions

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Life Like" opinions

just wondering whats peoples thoughts are about life like baits, or ultra realistic baits. I seem to do better on nonlife like lures. I think it stands out from the rest of the real bait in the water. I just was wondering everyones elses views where.
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with you. Some of the baits I catch alot of fish on do not seem to really look like anything the fish eat. Then I think, well I do not know what all in the water they feed on. Sometimes i am positive it resembles something they feed on. Then sometimes I think they just are curious of something new

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is like if you LOVE Philly Cheese Steaks and instead of one of them your wife brings you some ribs,Whatcha gonna do?lol.Here in Arizona,if it looks like a shad it will get ate.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    I think it is like if you LOVE Philly Cheese Steaks and instead of one of them your wife brings you some ribs,Whatcha gonna do?lol.Here in Arizona,if it looks like a shad it will get ate.
    Hmmmmm thing to ponder, do yall have alot of shad? In Missouri it seems like you can walk on shads backs and never get your feet wet. I wonder if we have so many that you need something to stand out. This could be a cool study
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here there are pretty much only shad.We have threadfin and gizzard shad.It is so hot during the summer that nothing else is really here.All the lake are very deep,as they are watersheds for the state.Everything that I use is grey and black,or one or the other.I have tried every color under the sun,lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

My fish are size picky as a rule, it can't just look like a Shad... it has to look like a baby Shad to get eaten quickly. You can throw 3-4" baits all day and only catch a few fish, pull out a 1 1/2-2" bait and catch all species. The little ones must taste better or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree GCD

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

making something of a natural is always a winner maybe. I base my knowledge on action of a lower that is what the fish are warning. So it imitates what they are feeding on. We find that a lot of action sometime is no good we find little action sometimes will work better than faster action in the lower what I'm saying here is that if you have a marabou jig they may not like it but if you have a sub made of nylon that is still there wanting no action at all so you always carry a wide variety of jigs or plastic baits with you with different action I do not put my money on colors you won't find it fish will get any other along and say action is there that they want. If you don't believe me try it I have fish for over 50 some years of knowledge and we do remember every time I go out and try something different kind of keep a catalog in my brain. Take for instance the little minnow that I make if you look at the tail of that in the water you will see that it is vibrating like a little minnow and this is what they're after. So my friends always carry a wide variety of different stuff with you stiff action loss of action and no action. But to say make a date it looks natural to some insect or something else that's swimming in the water is always attractive to the fish providing they are feeding on that. We have tied flies were many years and you're always trying to imitate a different insect that is in the water in that time of the year. There are literally hundreds of different patterns to go by. And this is where it's going to date with jig tying and making plastics.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of it is the tail action myself. Like snake said, it can be many different things. Sometimes they want no action and sometimes they want lots of action. however I believe color is a main attraction most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3" baits almost all the time, and catch everthing from dinks to pigs.

I think color is a factor, but your comfort with the bait is the real key to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast