Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Technique Dubbed Body Jig, Need Feed Back Please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Technique Dubbed Body Jig, Need Feed Back Please!

This will make a dubbed body so much better as far as coming apart and you can do anything with this. This body is made using Ice Dub and is pretty straight material which makes it much harder, but not so much with this way.

I did a dubbed body like this body, but the older way and it worked, but I am not sure how long or how many fish it would hold up for, but this will last good.

Anyway not my best by any stretch because I have only tied like 2 or 3 using this stuff I learned so lots of improvement still coming. This is so cool I can't even tell you how many things this will work with. I do need some practice.

So what do you think? I really need some feed back guys and remember this is a pretty much unlimited technique and I am pretty stoked about it.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

that color is awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

That's exactly what it's supposed to look like!!! looks really good too. It should last pretty long. The only way I can think of any kind of re-inforcement for it is to 1 - Use a dubbing loop, that'll put more thread throughout OR 2 - use the Ice Dub and make it into a dubbing brush.

I dont' have one but a guy sent me one he had made Here's a thread from FAOL site with a you tube video on it. Dubbing Brush Twisters anyone?

Fly Tyer magazine had an article on how to make them, but I've got to figure out what box my magazines are in then find it.

I'd try out the one you have and just let em bite away and see how long it can take a beating the way you're tying it now.

Fatman