PDA

View Full Version : Might Be A Good Read

beagle man
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-topic-forum/73964-board-rules-no-personal-attacks-nothing-kid-cant-veiw-will-tollerated.html

bwillaub
07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Michael. After reading that, I would like to apologize to the board for my post the other day in which, although I didn't spell out certain words, I left little to the imagination as to what those words were. Be assured, it will NOT happen again. At least not by me. We as adults, should be able to communicate and disagree with each other without things becoming personal. Just because some of us have a different opinion about certain things, it should not open us up for personal attacks.

NUFF SAID

bugman
07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Michael. After reading that, I would like to apologize to the board for my post the other day in which, although I didn't spell out certain words, I left little to the imagination as to what those words were. Be assured, it will NOT happen again. At least not by me. We as adults, should be able to communicate and disagree with each other without things becoming personal. Just because some of us have a different opinion about certain things, it should not open us up for personal attacks.

NUFF SAID

NUFF SAID!!!!

MO QWACK
07-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I just chose not to post and lurk. It seems to be working great. I can state my opinion to myself and not get rode hard by others. I can say things to myself like..things I have a problem with, my reports, tatics, tips, views ect and no one has a wise crack about it. I've enjoyed the last week on here like it was when people didnt insult others, threat'n them, insult their income, discredit their Crappie knowledge, walk around with thier nose in the air ect. I did found a home else where on the site that is full of great fisherman as well but we can kid a little, fish a little and help each other out. I willn't say where that is because I want it to stay like that. I might post some more if some folks get ahold of thier selfs but if not I'll lurk and just PM the folks I care about and want to share my time with. To the sad few that brings everyone else down... Well shame on you because y'all are really hurting the greatest state board on here.

bugman
07-23-2010, 12:55 PM
To the sad few that brings everyone else down... Well shame on you because y'all are really hurting the greatest state board on here.

Some of us need to sweep our own doorsteps.

MO QWACK
07-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Some of us need to sweep our own doorsteps.

REALLY you quote me and say I need to sweep my own door step!!!!! you are the MODERATOR and are stiring the pot right now. I didn't call out any name but yet you do???????? If you don't have anything to say, dont say it. I was stating how I choose not to post much to defuse the situation and how that some folks bring other down and that is making the MO board not as good as it use to be and others have noticed as well and have posted about it. Well YOU are the main ones that stirs the pot. Why do you have to put your little jabs in. You stay on your side of the key board I'll stay on mine. I dont post your stuff and I ask you dont post mine. I dont like you and that started this winter over another post. Then I met you and still I dont like you but tried to put things to rest so please do the same for me. Thank you for proving what kind of person you are Jamie.

beagle man
07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
wait wait my thread do not fuss just made a post to help out just read and no response needed, just read is all ,,,, I like to read, reading is good just read not between the lines, above the lines, below the lines, just good reading thats all.

MO QWACK
07-23-2010, 01:48 PM
wait wait my thread do not fuss just made a post to help out just read and no response needed, just read is all ,,,, I like to read, reading is good just read not between the lines, above the lines, below the lines, just good reading thats all.

you crack me up Beagle. good point. you might have to help me with the big words :D

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM

you is a funny guy mr. beagle, thought you were going to arkansas to play sum poker with your brother's?

beagle man
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
your welcome,

Jeffey Po. it don't take me long to fleece the arkies. there easy, pocket full of money, heart full of songs, truck full of cave city water mellons, ummmmm good

read up

rlsiv
07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
We as adults, should be able to communicate and disagree with each other without things becoming personal

OK, but what if we make fun of a certain university's sports team?!? :D

mduncan62
07-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Just because some of us have a different opinion about certain things, it should not open us up for personal attacks.

Couldn't agree more.

While I may disagree with people, or people have been tainted, or whatever the case, I would help anyone in need, and that is the core value that I live by. You never know when you may need help, and helping others is the right thing to do.

bwillaub
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
OK, but what if we make fun of a certain university's sports team?!? :D

Happens all the time, Ralph. My skin has grown especially thick in that area. :rolleyes:

bugman
07-24-2010, 07:13 AM
REALLY you quote me and say I need to sweep my own door step!!!!! you are the MODERATOR and are stiring the pot right now. I didn't call out any name but yet you do???????? If you don't have anything to say, dont say it. I was stating how I choose not to post much to defuse the situation and how that some folks bring other down and that is making the MO board not as good as it use to be and others have noticed as well and have posted about it. Well YOU are the main ones that stirs the pot. Why do you have to put your little jabs in. You stay on your side of the key board I'll stay on mine. I dont post your stuff and I ask you dont post mine. I dont like you and that started this winter over another post. Then I met you and still I dont like you but tried to put things to rest so please do the same for me. Thank you for proving what kind of person you are Jamie.

You came on complaining and it seems thats not gonna change,i like it better when you were lurking........you not liking me makes me feel great cause you're not my kind of people anyway:rolleyes:BTW the feeling is mutual!!!

mduncan62
07-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I believe that my post was well within the forum rules, and also supported the basic idea that was being conveyed on this thread. I didn't say who sent it, was just making a point that it's happening, and it's a problem.

drfishjd
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
WOW! Hi all. Thanks to my good buddy Beagle I can read what is going on. I had some sort of glitch and had been seeing the same posts since 7/6 til yesterday. Looks like things have gotten pretty interesting. Well, I'm back and hope to be regularly posting again. But, for purposes of resolving the latest dilemma, here's my thoughts.

(1) If I believe something that you don't agree with, that's still what I believe.
(2) If you get upset with what I believe, that's your problem, not mine, I still believe what I believe. Sorry, just a little stubborn, I guess.
(3) If you try to convince me I'm wrong in my belief, I welcome your input. You may change what I believe with logic and facts, presented in a rational fashion, but I seldom respond to bullying or attacks. I am more likely to bull up.
(4) If I don't agree with what you think, you're obviously a moron (just kidding) If I don't agree with what you think, I may try to influence your opinion with logic and facts as I perceive them, but bottom line, you're still entitled to your opinions, just as I am, and if I get upset that I can't change your mind, them I'm the foolish one.
(5) I can have a great time with someone even though I don't agree with much of what they believe. I just try to stay away from the areas I know that we disagree about if they're sensitive.
(6) If I tromp into an area where we disagree and you're sensitive about it, I probably didn't know and will try to gracefully back out of it. If I did know, then I also knew the response I'd get and I deserve it. Nobody to blame but myself. Same goes for you.
(7) If you knowingly come into one of my hot button beliefs and try to give me grief you probably better pack a lunch. We'll be on that issue for awhile.
(8) I don't mind spirited debate on an issue where both of us disagree and are firm in our beliefs. I figure we just wanted to debate. It's kind of fun, most the time. Like I said, bring that lunch and might want two sandwiches.
(9) If you have to get personal in that debate, I figure you just ran out of arguments, and I'll chalk that up in the "W" column.
(10) This is a great board with lots of good people. Some I like, some I'm not too wild about, some I don't really know well enough to know. I suspect most people feel the same about me. Bottom line is that a community consists of all sorts of folks, and not all will be bosom buddies. But just about everybody on here has something to contribute, hopefully about crappie fishing. Let's all show a little patience and discretion and keep this board the best in the country.

jackb
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Very articulate post; made for a good read, thank you:)

ttwoods
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd much rather argue about politics than fishin' :eek:

Jigging15
07-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome back Jim. Great post. Want to debate cedars vs harwoods?

grb22
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Excellent points drfishjd! I honestly don't see how that can be improved upon. Perfectly articulated.

Speck
07-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Great post Dr. Jim!

mr. baker
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Now I understand why I always need a sandwich when I meet drfish down at the river for one of our catfishing trips.

Speck
07-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Now I understand why I always need a sandwich when I meet drfish down at the river for one of our catfishing trips.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those conversations.:eek:

bwillaub
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Damn lawyers!!:D
Good to have you back, James.
Let's go fishing!

mduncan62
07-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Very nice Dr. You get my vote for president of the MO board.

Welcome back. Coming to Bucksaw Saturday?

drfishjd
07-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Welcome back Jim. Great post. Want to debate cedars vs harwoods?

Like I said, big boy, better pack your lunch. Bring beer too, while you're at it and we can resolve this issue out of my boat.

drfishjd
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Very nice Dr. You get my vote for president of the MO board.

Welcome back. Coming to Bucksaw Saturday?

It's just simple logic in my mind, dunc. Every boat can break down sometime. I need all the friends I can get on the water. If I'm broke down, the last thing I want to see is a boat wake and finger from somebody I've hacked off. Besides, I may have to ask somebody how to catch those speckly little critters. My game plan doesn't always work.

Bob, my rig is down at Oak Tree RV park. As soon as I get over this creepin' crud that's taken up residence in my lungs I need to get down there and make sure it still runs.

Jigging15
07-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Sounds good Jim. I remember when we tied up to the cedar in Richards cove and had lunch. The "Cedar Cafe". I notice you said your boat. That does not leave me much room for debate as that thing only knows one type of tree. Did you see the post I made about Truman picking up. I fished skinny branchs and said I would have made the DR proud.

olesilverside
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
brought it to my attention...... I have had several post I have written since my V-max attack, I now look at the post ,read it over and over and then wait quite awhile and decide this sounds stupid, thank god I never posted any of them, the V-max kinda rubbed me the wrong way, turns out he is a great guy just like all of you members are......... this board is my life since retirement,or could you tell........ I am posting this one.......:)

bwillaub
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
We love you too, Monty.:D

MellerAM
07-28-2010, 06:55 AM
aww you two just had a moment

Joedog
07-28-2010, 12:43 PM
(8) I don't mind spirited debate on an issue where both of us disagree and are firm in our beliefs. I figure we just wanted to debate. It's kind of fun, most the time. Like I said, bring that lunch and might want two sandwiches.

Spoken like a true [retired] attorney!

I always heard you were a Master-Debater, Jim!:D:eek: