Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TRITON 1860 CC Boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile TRITON 1860 CC Boat?

Went to look at a 2004 Triton CC boat . It is green and has the spray in liner. A basic boat. My question is it had 24" sides, but a 27" high transon is this for a jet engine? It has a regular prop engine, 120 HP Evinrude. Will this work OK? The motor has a power jack. Also I am buying this boat for trolling on choppy water. Anyone have a boat like this and can give advise will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

the downside to a CC IMO is it eats up a lot of space and you constantly have to "go around it".

Post Thanks / Like

Did the boat have a tunnel hull? I've seen boats with a transom taller than the sides so you could jack the motor way up for running in very skinny water. The tunnel acts as a collector to shoot water over the foot when it's raised way up. Very popular for flats fishing on the coast and with river runners such as places in Arkansas. As far as I know, the only downside is the tunnel will rob you of a couple of MPH on the top end.

The CC is a beautiful thing for pulling cranks, especially if you're gonna do it with the big motor. Centrally located and with an 1860, you should have plenty of room to move around the console without having to really shimmy around the console. Most have a grab bar around the windshield to hang on to and make the move easier. The down side can be the lack of storage since side boxes are not an option. A lot I've seen only give you small boxes on the front deck. Some have only a "bait well" for a livewell on the front of the console and most are pretty small.

Thinking about our last conversation....you know the ride you'll get out of it which is also a consideration.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.