Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sulphur River Crappie

BAG OF MILK Guest

Default Sulphur River Crappie

Anyone fishing above Wright Patman? If so, how is the river? Want to go tomorrow.
    New to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bag...welcome to the forum...don't know if any body here is from your area. You might try www.texasfishingforum.com See you there..smedley
    Scott

BAG OF MILK Guest

Thanks Smedley, will try that too.
    RoyR

BAG OF MILK Guest

Hey Smedley,

I went this morning, got 8 keepers. The river was good, current was almost none and the water was about normal in clearity. The good Crappie were hitting slow. Thanks for the direction to the TFF, I am glad to find both of these. I am one of the dummies that just bought a sub to Crappie Mag. Have not received first issue yet, but have received dunn for renewal a couple of days ago. Maybe next I will get the Mag.next. LOL
    Thanks again for the help.

Bite you got a jerk!

RoyR

Post Thanks / Like

awesome roy, too bad you didn't get any hits on your post on TFF. thoguht for sure there would be someone that would know. I guess that makes you the resident expert on that river. so I'll refer any questions your way!!!...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Uncle that fishes that area almost exclusivly now. I haven't spoken with him in many years. He's getting up in age, 70's so I don't know if he actively fishes that Lake/River system like he used to. I do know that he would catch a ton of fish mainly using jigs he tied himself. He was making some the last time I visited him years back and I remember him saying that you couldn't go wrong with a black jig with a red head on that lake. He said that color combination worked like magic.

He lives in LA between Rodessa and Hosston on Black Bayou and he is a retired Game Warden for the Caddo Parish district. He goes to Lake Texarkana/Pattman to fish for crappie so, that should tell you that it is a good lake to target crappie since I think he would be in the know on where to best target fish.

Sorry for the old, out of date info but, that is all I have to offer. Take it for what its worth and good luck.
    Last edited by GregG; 01-27-2006 at 10:27 AM.