Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trip to the Dam a bust

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Trip to the Dam a bust

Put in at Moonshine Beach in Branson about 06:30. Already about half a dozen boats in the cove at the launch jigging for Whites. Lots of fishin', but not much catching going on from what I could see. Fished my two favorite coves across from the Branson Belle, but no luck. I hung around till about 1:00 hoping the Whites would start busting shad on the surface, but they didn't and it was too hot to stick around any longer waiting on them. Last year they started going nuts about 3:00 or so.
    Actually I did catch one Smallmouth. A very, very small Smallmouth!:o As promised, I had the Crappie rigs out and baited with minners while I tossed a crankbait. Saw the tip of the pole jiggle,reeled it in and did a double take 'cause I thought my minner had a sudden growth spurt! About a 3 inch Smallie had tackled an inch and a half minnow!

Lots of big boats out for a weekday and I sure got tossed around a lot from the nonstop huge wake.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just not much happening down your way? Not much better up here from what I hear. About to hot to even mess with going. Have to go early or late I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the Bass fishermen are doing OK early and late. I've been catching a ton of Green things just under keeper size in the Cape Fair area while spider rigging for Crappie

Was talking to a guy at the Moonshine Beach launch this morning that told me he had a guy tell him that a couple of days ago him and a buddy had two limits of BIG slabs from the Cape Fair area. He didn't know exactly where, or if they were night fishing, trolling or what, but said they were all in the 13 to 15 inch range.

Not saying it's a fish story, but I sure can't get on 'em down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Just not much happening down your way? Not much better up here from what I hear. About to hot to even mess with going. Have to go early or late I guess.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!