Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance iFinder question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance iFinder question

Any of you guys use one of these? Do you have the navionics chip for it?

If so, how accurate are they and what do you like/dislike about them?

Thanks,
    deep-v
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the iFINDER H20. Love it! I have the mapcrete 6.3, but it works great with out it. Use mine to locate pvc attractors. Use only the waypoint feature. Think you will like it.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply.

What I am looking for is to have hotspot maps for my western PA lakes electronically on my boat and I don't know which unit to buy.

I am not sure if I should get an iFinder, a GlobalMap or some other unit. I already have a garmin GPS-12XL handheld for marking waypoints and such, but I would really like a dedicated mapping GPS of some sort on my boat that will show me the features of the lake, such as road beds, railroad grades, contour line depth's etc.

So many units to choose from it is mind boggling. After the little bit of research I have done I am really leaning towards the Lowrance GlobalMap 4800.

Price is an issue as well. I don't want to spend more than $400.00.
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

I have two units. The h2o and the globalmap 4900. Cards work in both units. The h20 can be used upfront with the 4900 at the console. Plus you can carry the h2o when fishing with other people.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Try this site, might find something for free from Lowrance.
    http://www.lowrance.com/Mapping/LakeMaps/index.asp
    I own a regular I Finder, I used this site to download and upgrade my original software. I came across a few free lake maps of lakes I fish. Downloaded them into my pc, sent them to my mmc card. It auto loads them when you turn the I Finder on. That can take too much time, so, I try to keep minimal info on a card for the days fishing. If I am going to change lakes for the day, I transfer the updated info back into my PC and send the file back to it for the lake of the day. I also use rechargeble AA batteries and keep a spare set in my pocket when fishing. Hope this helps you.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey reaper

Hi Reaper,
    How accurate is your I Finder? I am thinking of getting the H2O myself. Have a guy at work that knows somebody that knows somebody might be able to get me a deal. I have the Garmin Etrex that is only good for about 50ft any given direction on any given day and I can not input waypoints. You have to go there and then save the point you are at.
    Hey, tell me a story!

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

For handheld I like the magellan gold unit. It has been very accurate for me (within 3-5 ft) of target every time I have used it. Holds up to 500 waypoints and over 200 with messages you can put in for later use. I would like a color graph down the road. I ahve looked at several and they seem to change them for the better every couple of years. I ahte to purchase one now and in a year find something better. Good luck on your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of gettting the H20c also. So anyone know how accurate they are?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a chance to use mine for condos yet. I got the Map Create 6 with mine and set up a route to a friends house with it. It took me right to his driveway. Amazed me!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the Garmin Etrex Lengend and have loaded in waypoints off of GPS maps, projected waypoints, and downloaded waypoints off Garmin Hotspot maps. It is just a matter of reading the manual. On the lake, the Etrex legend I have with its WAAS capability can bring me as close as 3 meters or 9 feet 10 inches, not always that tight but plenty close to find my desired structure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast