Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake

Does anyone have a current report for Truman? Headed there this weekend for some specs. Last time we hammered them all over the lake. Any info would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

havnt been in 2 weeks,but im sure there biting.now that the lake is almost normal alot of good trees are visible.cant go wrong fishn with minnows,and stay on the move...good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you are looking to chase anything else, but here's a report from yesterday out of Sterrett Creek. I'm sure the rest of the Truman faithful will weigh in with their more specific comments later on today.

7-20-2010

The COE is still dropping the lake and we are just about to normal pool (about 2' high) right now. With the heat I guess it worked out for them pretty well generating power. The good thing is that it is keeping the hybrids going a little longer. The lake has cleared up nicely and we are starting to see lots of surface activity. There hasn't been that much rain this week so I'm guessing that by the weekend we should be about normal pool.

LAKE LEVEL: 708.3.

WATER TEMP: 81 deg.

WATER CLARITY: CLEAR.

BASS: The bass are starting to move to their summer pattern. There are fish starting to suspend on the trees in 15' to 20' of water. The fish seem to be holding about 6' to 8'. Jigs and big worms are working the best. There are still fish on the points in 12' to 15' of water, a creek or river channel swing needs to be close by. Big worms are the best bet here. Top water is working early and late. This week I have had a few reports of schooling bass (keeper size), so if you have fish surfacing around you it wouldn't hurt to run a Trap through them it might surprise you with what you catch. This weeks Hawg Fights were the Doug and Ozzie show with a winning stringer of 8.70 lbs and big bass at 4.84 lbs. Second went to Jamie Lehares and Dale Hetherington with 3.31 lbs. Third was Crist Fanning and Terry Close with 2.40 lbs.

CRAPPIE: The crappie are still hit and miss. We had a bunch of fish come in off the tree rows on the flats in 17' of water. Fish were down 10' to 12' and minnows were the best bait. With the lake level where it is you can see the tree rows better and with the water clarity see the trees under the water that haven't been fished for a while. The bluffs are also producing a few fish, 30' of water down 15' to 20' on minnows.

WHITES & HYBRIDS: There are some whites surfacing all around the lake. 1/4 oz. spoons have been working on these fish. The Shawnee Bend area has been one of the better areas. The hybrids have been doing real well in the KK Island area. 3/4 oz sassy shad has been the best producing bait when counted down. Guide Steve Blake has brought in several nice stringers of fish in the last week.

CATFISH: The cat fishing has picked up a little this week on floating jugs. Shad has been the best bait when set at about 5' on the flats. We have seen some nice blues come in his week. The Osage arm seems to be doing as good as any right now.

U

Post Thanks / Like

Default fished this am on Truman

only fished 3 hours but only had one an hour and they were 9" ers...... 84 degree water temp and goes to almost 90 by afternoon, I would certainly fish below bucksaw if I were wanting a mess of fish.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably chase whites and hybrids real early and hit the crappie spots about 7. Last year never made it to 10 am without a limit of both and kept no crappie under 11". I'll post a report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Went Monday and Wednesday. Limited out in about 3 to 4 hours. Most were caught next to trees and not to deep. 5 to 8 foot deep and it didn't matter whether it was 12 FOT or 25 FOT. Still catching quite a few small ones too. Hit the best on yellow and chartreuse and blue and white. I usually double jig my lines, so I have both colors there for their meal. Put in at Long Shoal and didn't have to go very far either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default And you need a report

Quote Originally Posted by specs View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably chase whites and hybrids real early and hit the crappie spots about 7. Last year never made it to 10 am without a limit of both and kept no crappie under 11". I'll post a report when I get back.
    Sounds like you got it figured out, that would be a great day.... Good luck I haven't seen an 11" fish in weeks.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Sounds like you got it figured out, that would be a great day.... Good luck I haven't seen an 11" fish in weeks.
    Don't know if you ever completely figure the crappie out but have found a good summer pattern at Truman that works for me. The different color tube baits help and I use the color patterns jimbo uses and a few others with different nibbles on them. Hope the pattern holds up this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

up the pomme arm last week an hammered them but most were dinks,8 3/4 or less but we got our limit by noon,nothing bigger than 11 an only a couple of them.we figured we each caught 100 or more ,some were on the bluffs right up on the banks and some were on the flats in as shallow as 2 ft, of water,the best fish came off the edge of the river channel 4 to 10 ft. down.it was one of those days when you dropped your jig down,there was a fish waiting for it no mater where you were.best day that I had in years.

Post Thanks / Like

seek and ye shall find, good reports, specs I see your kinda new, if I forgot to say welcome, let me say it now, welcome. that truman is a good lake. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast