PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.... and disappointed

KCBALLER
07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
:confused:
Well boys and girls , i have been really busy and havent had time to visit as much as i would have liked .
As i've been reading, i realized that these post are not like the post of days past.
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FISHING REPORTS AND ADVISE , that made this site what we all at one time enjoyed ?:(
I remember a time when everyone help one another with reports and shared the hot spots joked around ect. What the hell happened , HAVE YA ALL STARTED FISHING TOURNEYS, AND NOW YA GOT LOCK JAW???:eek:have ya Forgot where ya learned some of those money making tips? :eek:

I guess you can say i'm calling ya all out. This site is to share and help one another and make new friends and contacts. I remember a day back when a fellow cdc member would not just share fishing tips and hot spots, ask how the family was doing, and would GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP IN WHAT EVER WAY POSSIBLE with everyday life issues.... We were a band of brothers back when this all started . What the fk happened? Fuzzy, baker, doc jim, beagle, bugs, longliner, all the old gang u know who ya r.........:D Maybe i need to put together a hall of fame CDC CAMP FOR ALL THE OLD TIMERS OF THIS SITE.

Ok i'm done , feel free to post your thoughts....... And if i offended anyone i'm sorry

Thanks for letting me vent.
AKA Baller
Ed

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
amen to that eddie! oh and i'm glad you apologized in advance cuz i'm sure someone got offended:rolleyes:

Jigging15
07-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Everyone is a little tightnljpped because of Nationals being on Truman this year. But the brotherhood is still as strong as ever. I think we proved that with over 125 people at camp this spring. I have taken close to 15 new members fishing this year and I have not been able go fish the last two months due to a bad back injury. I know brother Bob has probally taken more people out than I have. So what you have seen on the board the last few weeks is not representive of what has been going on here in the last year or so. Lots of new members here in the last year. The ones i have met so far have been great people and fit in fine with the rest of us. Even with being tight lipped the last month or so the MO board is still more active than most other state boards. So I will continue to hang out here and have a good time with the old and the new members. Now you two bring your butts down here to Truman and fish with the rest of us.

KCBALLER
07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
jared, very fine points, thanks for the input, i'll have to take ya up on that offer soon.

crappiedave55
07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
what lake are you looking for ,I've seen reports on Stockton,Clinton, Twain,Truman,and even a pond story throwed in

Jigging15
07-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Sounds good Ed. It has been a while since I seen you guys. I may even be able to swing over and meet you guys at Toronto some weekend.

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Sounds good Ed. It has been a while since I seen you guys. I may even be able to swing over and meet you guys at Toronto some weekend.

you may have to jared, toronto should be rising nice and high and the fishing should be outstanding! if you make it over there without us just look up in the tree's. every tree you see a little piece of ed's shredded underwear hanging is were we do well...lol... who need's a gps with baller in the boat:D

old fuzzy
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
there seems to be a trend at that lake about under,s
glad to here from u eddie

Speck
07-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Cant share alot of fishing reports other than 2 weeks ago, we were killing them on Sardis with Tennessee Shad, Sardis Gold, Awesome Pink or (Pank as its called locally) and Wally Marrshal's Pinky Toe crank baits. Nothing big, 13-17 inches with most of the keepers in the 14-15 inch range. Hope this helps. P.S. Eddie, I bet you're still ugly as ever!:eek::p Good to see that you're back bud.:)

Route U
07-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Nothing big, 13-17 inches with most of the keepers in the 14-15 inch range. Hope this helps. P.S. Eddie, I bet you're still ugly as ever!:eek::p Good to see that you're back bud.:)

I'm sorry Speck....for a minute there I thought you said "nothing big, 13-17 inches"...... :eek:

What's "BIG" down there!

U

beagle man
07-21-2010, 08:19 AM
well eddie you can take my name out of the equasion, I still post what I am catching, where I am catching, how I am catching, good days bad days, all the time, I dont tour. fish so I do not have to misslead anyone. new guys are great, old timers are OUTSTANDING. I know a lot of people like to tour.fish and it seems to me they are the ones not posting much about where and how, the everyday fisherman will share. man some of them smithvill guys post a map with the spot marked. I like you, remember when we would get truman reports and my mouth would water at the thought of getting to go to truman and catch a mess. now I have to read between the lines and guess if truman really has any fish, it tournament fishing turns you into a tight lipped fisherman then I will never understand. I have in the past helped the tournament guys find fish on stockton. so you see I am not totaly against the tour. people just what it does to them. ED the c.c owner worked up a creed for c.c maby it should be a sticky on the head of every state board to help us all remember what and who we signed on here to be. not just a take and no give back member. I really like getting up in the AM and reading the post but alast progress seems to take the path of decline in most endevors, so to all who will listen,,, GOOD FISHING TO ALL AND TO ALL I hope I out fish each and every one of you.

CRAPPIE UP Y'ALL

Speck
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry Speck....for a minute there I thought you said "nothing big, 13-17 inches"...... :eek:

What's "BIG" down there!

U

Well a 16 or 17 is a pretty good fish but Sardis fish are kinda skinny.:D Honestly, we keep nothing under 13 there and most of ours average 13.5-14.5 inches.:)

Jigging15
07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Bragger. I have to get down that way sometime. Between your pics and post. and Bugs and Monk's last trip. It is hard to believe the quality of fish they have down there. But they are there. You are lucky to live that close.

Kit Papermouth
07-21-2010, 10:13 AM
No reports on Table Rock. Haven't been fishing on it as my locals haven't been doing worth a hoot this year. Down year on the Rock.

It'll get better. When it does, you'll see some posts.

G.

grb22
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
We try to let anyone that wants to listen know how we do when we go, even try to post a pic or two; a lot of times we'll post a pic of a couple of keepers and, honestly, they might be the only 2 fish that we got to keep that day. Compared to most on here, we don't catch enough crappie to be of any serious help as we are still in the learning stages of this crappie fishing stuff, but we sure enjoy doing it! We been out the last 4 or 5 weekends in a row, did fairly well the first couple times and the last 2 weeks, well, let's just say that the fish had nothing to worry about; we went last Sunday p.m. and Monday a.m. and I think we caught 7 or 8 fish total. Just can't seem to figure out this hot weather fishing. We'll keep trying, and if by chance we can offer something that a fellow fisherperson finds helpful then GREAT, I love it.

I know I ain't one of the old-timers you were describing, just thought I would add my 2 bits.

keeferfish
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Well I知 definitely not an old timer but I for one can say I知 not all disappointed with this site. My wife makes fun of me because I知 anti-Facebook so she calls this my crappie facebook account.

I think the site is fun, informative and actually have a good time reading the crap stirrers. Oh and being on the receiving end of the crap sometimes???

There are some great people on here that will give tips and I致e meet a lot of nice people and even fished with some. Hope to fish with more in the future.

Might even be willing to fish with jackb:D:D:D

Joedog
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
My wife makes fun of me because I知 anti-Facebook so she calls this my crappie facebook account.

I'm anti-facebook too, and my wife and kids call this "Fishbook" :D

jackb
07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Well I知 definitely not an old timer but I for one can say I知 not all disappointed with this site. My wife makes fun of me because I知 anti-Facebook so she calls this my crappie facebook account.

I think the site is fun, informative and actually have a good time reading the crap stirrers. Oh and being on the receiving end of the crap sometimes???

There are some great people on here that will give tips and I致e meet a lot of nice people and even fished with some. Hope to fish with more in the future.

YOU are a riot you know that? I think we would have a GREAT time; Catching dinks, trashing Smithville, peeing on zebra mussels, yelling "You sunk my battleship!" when we take on water from the passing regatta. HELL yes Bill, call me anytime!:):)

C N
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM

How high is your temperature? Surely you're hallucinating!!!!! :eek:

jackb
07-21-2010, 03:38 PM
How high is your temperature? Surely you're hallucinating!!!!! :eek:

Hold on now CN, I have references!!! not good ones, but references:)

C N
07-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Hold on now CN, I have references!!! not good ones, but references:)

Uh huh...... SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you do. :D

jackb
07-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Uh huh...... SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you do. :D

I DO!! I don't have names, but I can tell you what corner they are on downtown:)

C N
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
You call those REFERENCES? We call them something different! :eek:

jackb
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
You call those REFERENCES? We call them something different! :eek:

So do I; on payday they are called 2-fers:)

C N
07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
:eek:

C N
07-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Anyone know when Jackb gets paid?????? :p I'll set up across the street and get some pictures! :rolleyes:

jackb
07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Anyone know when Jackb gets paid?????? :p I'll set up across the street and get some pictures! :rolleyes:

Movies would be better; 'course they would be SHORT films:)

kazualobzerver
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Movies would be better; 'course they would be SHORT films:)

Always heard it was hard to read "fine" print from that distance. :p BTW, do you two ever stay on topic? :D

C N
07-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Always heard it was hard to read "fine" print from that distance. :p BTW, do you two ever stay on topic? :D

This time HE started it. =============>

I'm sorry, Kaz. (hanging head) Really I am. :o

jackb
07-22-2010, 07:54 AM

I'm old Kaz, I thought I was multi-tasking:confused::)

ThanhCuTi
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I actually thought this site is very informative. I've been reading here for over a year and come in once a day to read reports.

bugman
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Still love the site but what i dislike about it lately is that everything has become so serious and everyone jumps down each others throats over nothing and the griping seems endless,if we all could try to voice our opinions without all the bickering and whining we just might get back to the fun times like we used to have........

FROSTY
07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm old Kaz, I thought I was multi-tasking:confused::)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/mdfrost51/oldage.jpg

jackb
07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I was wondering where you been....FUNNY stuff:):)

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/mdfrost51/oldage.jpg

that there is some funny stuff frosty:D

grb22
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
OMG Frosty! That is un-freakin believably funny. The clothes are classic!!

bwillaub
07-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Good one, Frosty. I'm a multi-tasker myself. Not up to Jack's expertise just yet, but give me a couple more years.

jackb
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
OMG Frosty! That is un-freakin believably funny. The clothes are classic!!

Yes they are....and I just got them back from the cleaners:)

beagle man
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
yea I eaven remember when jackb went to the doctor they wanted, urin,blood,stool, wait for it, ,,,,,, jack just gave them his underwear

rugsrme
07-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Ed, I sure missed you at Spring camp this year, good thing there were 100 + others to embarrass my self to :cool:. I still post my Marshall State School reports here when I can, (and I know many don't give a rats hind end about a lake full of dinks ) sometimes I go for a few hours and catch nothing so there is really nothing to report, but I always get a "Nice try rugs, way to get after 'em" reply from allot of the guys and gals here when I do.
You treated me really well last spring when I met you last year and I hope to meet up with you again sometime.
Keep fishing and laughing and maybe we will see some more of your reports up on here:D
Personally, haven't seen much griping on here, and if that is what the post is about, I read through it and stay out of it. Just my $.02.
(PS. if you ever get near Marshall, It would be great to see you again, if I can't get up that way some time)

Miller
07-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Still love the site but what i dislike about it lately is that everything has become so serious and everyone jumps down each others throats over nothing and the griping seems endless,if we all could try to voice our opinions without all the bickering and whining we just might get back to the fun times like we used to have........

AMEN