Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catfishin on Darbonne

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfishin on Darbonne

I went Sunday am and today from about daylight to 10am. Each time ended up with about 11 keepers.

Today I got a big one, probably 7 to 8. If i'm not too lazy I'll weigh it before I clean it as today's catch is still sitting on ice waiting for after work to clean. The big one was a complete joy to catch because not only was it my biggest cat (I don't go for cats much) but it was caught on one of my shorter crappie jig poles. That pole was bending all over the place, ha!

I took some pics of today's catch and will try to post them tonight. All were caught in Stowe Creek area. Just tied off to a tree and tightened with some livers.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch.. I have never fished catfish at Darbonne but hear that it is loaded with them.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    Congrats on the catch.. I have never fished catfish at Darbonne but hear that it is loaded with them.
    First time I met Markham he had a big ice chest loaded with them after running yo-yos at a gathering. Had another ice chest too with a mix of sacs and cats....sure had a LOT of fish! :D