Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Working through the Bad things! Lake Granger.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Working through the Bad things! Lake Granger.

Tommy and I decided to hit the lake again today after yesterdays great trip. We left the house at 0610. We stopped and put gas in the boat and to pickup some breakfast and ice in town (Bartlett). I put the ice in the Icechest in the boat setting down our breakfast and my wallet. I then picked up my groceries and climbed into the Durango and we headed for the lake. Just as we arrived in granger I realized I left my wallet on the boat. We pulled over and sure enough it was not there. So we back tracked to Bartlett and saw it just outside the city limits spread out all over Highway 95. We hopped out and picked it all up and proceeded to the lake.

We got on the water finally by 0700. We fished a total of 15 Bp/Condos to get our 2 man limit of Crappie! We only kept the fish 11 and over. It was a great day fishing!

Right after 1200 we were fishing some condos over by the road bed and Myles wanted to watch some movies on my IPhone so I handed it over to him and proceeded to fish. I caught another crappie and slung it in the boat and then dropped the 10" fish back intT the lake. I then dropped my jig again and found myself hung on the condo. So I stood up and tried to work it loose. I then tried to step on the edge of the boat to reach out and work the jig loose and I Missed! I fell out of my boat! O. U. T. Out! As I was falling into the water remember throwing my rod at Tommy and thinking at least Myles has my phone! While I was falling I managed to knock my seat that I use on the front deck into the water too. So if any of you guys catch it I would like it back as it has sentimental value to me. As I am looking up from under water I still have my glasses and Visor on. I can see Tommy reaching over the side of the boat to find me and I then kick and come to the surface. Tommy is then trying to pull me up into the boat. I told him to forget it and that I would swim around to the swim ladder. The dude Never stopped fising he still had his rod in his hand! He even caught another fish before I could climb into the boat! LOL .It's funniy, I was thinking that its was so hot it would be nice to jump in and cool off! I guess my subconscious got the best of me! lol

We got off the water at 1500 once we caught of 50th keeper. We had had enough!

Thanks Tommy for making sure I was ok and tring to help me get in when I fell in even though you never stopped fishing! lol Tommy, lets hear your side of the story!

It was all worth it for a day like to day!

Below Is a pic of rewards from todays fishing. Fried Crappie, Breaded fries and regular fries. All home-made!

Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-21-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    ***There has to be a fish somewhere needing to be caught!***

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that's what friends are for. Must have been your day!!. It sounds like you relly tried to mess it up but, was still successful.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Years from now you will be saying "remember the day I lost my wallet, fell in the drink, and came home with a cooler of crappie".
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it all ended well. I launched my boat, alone, and it wasn't tied to anything. Had to strip to my unnies and swim for it. We all do dumb stuff.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around