Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little whine...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A little whine...

Being sick in the summer sucks!

Was feeling a little puny last week, but not bad enough to go to the doc. Then the weekend rolls around and it's getting worse, tried my ol' Momma cure all/home remedy Sunday (burnt motor oil and Tabasco sauce enema) and it didn't work.

Yesterday morning it hits me like a ton of bricks! Called the doc and got an appointment. After being poked with a needle, prodded with swabs, and bombarded with X rays... I find out I have Mycoplasma Pneumonia. This is the fifth year in a row I've had this crap and it pisses me off!!!

I never used to get this stuff! It was always the flue, tonsillitis, or sinusitis... but I don't get those anymore, I get this junk!

I take the pneumonia vaccine every 5 years.. but it doesn't work on the Mycoplasma.

Was talking to the doc yesterday and he said the see a lot of it and it's not seasonal, they see it all year long.

So now my butt is sore and I have to take horse pills the size of an NFL football, I have to limit my exposure to the sun because of the medication... and I feel like re-fried rat crap!

There, I'm done... but I don't feel better!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Being sick in the summer sucks!

Was feeling a little puny last week, but not bad enough to go to the doc. Then the weekend rolls around and it's getting worse, tried my ol' Momma cure all/home remedy Sunday (burnt motor oil and Tabasco sauce enema) and it didn't work.

Yesterday morning it hits me like a ton of bricks! Called the doc and got an appointment. After being poked with a needle, prodded with swabs, and bombarded with X rays... I find out I have Mycoplasma Pneumonia. This is the fifth year in a row I've had this crap and it pisses me off!!!

I never used to get this stuff! It was always the flue, tonsillitis, or sinusitis... but I don't get those anymore, I get this junk!

I take the pneumonia vaccine every 5 years.. but it doesn't work on the Mycoplasma.

Was talking to the doc yesterday and he said the see a lot of it and it's not seasonal, they see it all year long.

So now my butt is sore and I have to take horse pills the size of an NFL football, I have to limit my exposure to the sun because of the medication... and I feel like re-fried rat crap!

There, I'm done... but I don't feel better!
    I had a feeling that something was wrong... Had not seen any BS slinging posts from you in a while...:D:D

I hope you get this mess under control and can come back swinging..

This is a dead sea without you, Beav, big "E" and a couple others..

Hope you will be feeling better soon..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    I had a feeling that something was wrong... Had not seen any BS slinging posts from you in a while...:D:D

I hope you get this mess under control and can come back swinging..

This is a dead sea without you, Beav, big "E" and a couple others..

Hope you will be feeling better soon..
    Thanks for the well wishes Don.

I've just realized that I'm now constipated from the medication too!!!

Time for another BMO&TS enema!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes Don.

I've just realized that I'm now constipated from the medication too!!!

Time for another BMO&TS enema!:eek:
    Would you please pass this medication on to Horseshoer? I think he needs one from time to time...:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    Would you please pass this medication on to Horseshoer? I think he needs one from time to time...:D
    It's good for what ails you... and if nothing ails you, it's good for that too!:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

is it good for crappie fishing? sorry to hear your sick, hope you get better soon

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that you are under the weather GCD, I use to have to go to the hospital every year with double pnemonia. I would put off going to the DR. when I first would get to feeling bad and let it go until I would end up in the hospital. Now I go when I first start feeling bad and take a few meds for a short time and haven't been in the Hospital for a few years now. Except for the back door Dr. a month ago.
    Man! why would anyone want to become a proctologist (sp) anyway? He must have been picked on when he was a kid or something. Oh! well that is another un-answered question for the masses. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Glass of Whine

I feel your pain. I had knee surgery on June 24 that was supposed to be only about an hour long and I would be up and going in about two days. I was good with that and wanted to get it fixed. The surgery ended up being over two hours long because of damage discovered that the MRI did not show. When I woke up the Dr. says no weight on that knee for at least 6 weeks. Absolutely no weight or other problems will occur and further surgeries will be necessary. I cannot get into a boat or fish without help. As a guide that is not good. I have had to postpone or cancel some guide trips and farm out the others. It will be sometime in August before I am able to fully use the leg.
    The bright part is the fact that I have a leg and it will work again soon. Some people cannot say that. I just like to whine.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Sorry that you are under the weather GCD, I use to have to go to the hospital every year with double pnemonia. I would put off going to the DR. when I first would get to feeling bad and let it go until I would end up in the hospital. Now I go when I first start feeling bad and take a few meds for a short time and haven't been in the Hospital for a few years now. Except for the back door Dr. a month ago.
    Man! why would anyone want to become a proctologist (sp) anyway? He must have been picked on when he was a kid or something. Oh! well that is another un-answered question for the masses. EB
    I hear ya Beav! I don't let any kind of illness go anymore, it's just not worth it.

Yeah, when the back door doc says "You may feel a little discomfort" he's making a huge understatement!!!... I think Cane Pole should have been a Proctologist, he sure does have a fixation!

Post Thanks / Like

:rolleyes: stop crying. Seems like you told me I'd get what was coming to me for all the bad things I have done to the poor turtles and crabs......I feel fine :D:D It just strikes me as funny that someone who slings so much crap other people's way would seek pity from those same people. I kind of like the new GCD better, humble suits you buddy.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast