Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Marine Afterservice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Marine Afterservice?

Does anybody on this board own a Tracker boat? If so, you take your Tracker boat to a Tracker Boat Center for service or local, independent, off brand dealer for service? Has anybody taken their tracker boat to a tracker dealership for service and how did they treat you and your boat? I called a Tracker Boat Center in Concord and asked about the free 34 point safety inspection on my Tracker Grizzly b4 I take it to the coast with my folks so no gremlin or renegade banana can pop out and give me problems. The person there says I gotta leave my boat there and asked me wut specifically I need done, than talked about ordering parts, keepin boat, blah blah. Like feeshin, sometimes the best dealers you read about are far far away
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I use my tracker dealer from time to time but this is the summer and they are always really backed up during this time of the year. They are the only tracker dealer for 150 miles and they do a lot of business. Last service I had to leave my boat there 2 weeks but they always very friendly and knowledgeable.

Post Thanks / Like

whisker,
    After being in he business for 17 going on 18 years, the marine service is one of the hardest service departments to run.The first thing is ,it is not like running an auto service dept. scheduling is so much harder, thus having to leave your rig most of the time.The other issue especially in the North is keeping good qualified mechanics employeed year round. It would be nice to have a dozen excellent mechanics in the heart of the busy season, but when the boating season comes to a close what do you do with those high paid positions? Thats the reason most dealerships get backed up in the high point of the season. Its a hard industry and believe me we want to help every customer, but on the other side of the coin, you want your dealer to be there tommorow when you need something done.As far as Tracker service they are as independently ran and no 2 are alike.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the one in springfield mo. when the boat was under warranty, now and never had an issue with them, they were always nice. and did fast work, now I use an independent mec. and not much wating or leaving the boat, prchjerker said it well.

Post Thanks / Like

I will never buy a boat or let them touch my boat at the tracker dealer in concord. I will never step foot in that bps again. They where nice to me but unless you want some acc. put on stay away. I had a bad fuel line. I spent hrs and days taking my boat back and forth. Guess who fixed it. I did. Then they tried to blame me for it. It is like the do not care as soon as they get there money. I could go on and on about them. They ruined that new boat feeling for me.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-21-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Take mine to an independent since the closest Tracker dealer is 50 miles away.
    Do any of you know of a web site that carries tracker parts. Seats, . rub rail. just parts ---I know these items are can be found but would like to find a site that carries true tracker parts.
    I have a 98 Pro Team 185 and items such as the aerator pump are starting to get hard to find. Went to a boat place today and they say Rule pumps are no longer put on trackers and would have to replace the mount. pump and way it connects. Luckily found one that will fit but next time may not get so lucky.
    Last edited by Downwind; 07-20-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost bet that the dealer will cost you more! I have a Fisher, exactly the same, and made by Tracker. I found a guy I trust that works out of his garage, and will never go anywhere else.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I use my fishin partners brother who is a certified mechanic and he does a great job on everyones boat around here.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishon!SC View Post
    I will never buy a boat or let them touch my boat at the tracker dealer in concord. Hell I will never step foot in that bps again. They where nice to me but unless you want some acc. put on stay away. I had a bad fuel line. I spent hrs and days taking my boat back and forth. Guess who fixed it. I did. Then they tried to blame me for it. It is like the do not care as soon as they get there money. I could go on and on about them. They ruined that new boat feeling for me.
    The BPS in Concord, NC made a member of CDC really mad one time. He wanted something in the ad that was on sale. At checkout, the item rang up a different price. He showed them the ad but they said it was an ad set for the Myrtle Beach BPS. He threw an almighty tempertantrum that could rival any toddler. Fearing for their lives me thinks, BPS people cut their price to Myrtle Beach's price and apologised like doomed nerds. I really dont care for Bass Pro but I only go there if i need me Gulps for crappie and flounder. An undisclosed percentage of the people I see shop there probably cant catch feesh or cant shoot straight.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I will never go to the tracker center in Hendersonvile TN again, or will I ever buy a Tracker again, once I got my tracker brand new I only got problems. While under warranty I would take the boat in to them three to four times for every problem. It was like they would try something and let me test it to see if it worked. Tracker service after I got my boat sucks, and I will tell people every chance I get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast