Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain 7/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain 7/17

Got up at 3:00 to make the long drive up there. wanted to go to Lick Creek but the ramp was closed because of the high water. Don't believe them when they say ALL boat ramps open. NOT. Went to South Fork and played with all the other boats using that one. The crappie where everywhere. Caught them out in deeper water away from any structure, next to the bank, around willows and bridge piers. Manage to get our limit of decent ones. Most on minnows but some on cranks while white bass fishing. also got our limit of white bass. I love to catch those things they act like they are on steroids the way they rip and tear. It was a blast. Just wish it wasn't so far away. Had a nice cooler of iced down fish to bring home. It was so hot though that my husband had to clean them at the kitchen sink. It would have been unbearable outside to clean them. It didn't make to big of a mess. Was easy to clean up. Crappie for supper tonight along with tomatoes from the garden. Life is good.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad the long drive was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! Made me Smile with your desription of the white bass. I can almost fell one a pull'in right Now!! Life is GOOD.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have made some drives up there and not caught too many and that makes the drive even worse. Congrats on the catch and thanks for sharing the information

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding report,glad you had a good trip and better catch, got to love the fight in them whites

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats sounds like a hot but good day

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a fine day.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie