Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crestliner or CXJ 1655 ?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crestliner or CXJ 1655 ?

Anyone familiar with this model or own a Crestliner? Pros and cons? I took a hard look at one today. Took me boat ( engine) in for its 1 year checkup at Dotties Marine and this baby was on the show floor. Honey liked it. It ain't CAMO.

I know Crestliner has been around a long time, but I never owned one. Need a little help here.

http://www.crestliner.com/boat_info/...ID=125&BID=150
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good looking boat. However, I don't see much storage, unless it is underneath the front deck. What is the MSRP on it?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I see a "few" potential negs, Tom ...

There are no "riding seats" shown ... it appears you sit on rear deck floor.

A 15gal livewell is kinda "small".

An 8deg deadrise hull ... isn't that basically a flatbottom boat ? (??rough ride, easily blown by wind??)

The rear hatch doesn't open across the width of the stern ... could be a bit tight to get into and do maintenance or repairs.

Not much in the way of "storage space", other than the floor ... which means you're going to have to walk/step around it, when going from drivers seat to front pedestal seat.

Now - all of these things are "minor" faults, given what your personal pref's are/may be. And I'm sure you can do all the "tweaking" necessary, to make it into a nice little fishing boat. Only you know how/when/where you would use it ... and whether or not it would fit your needs. ....... cp

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

TOM WHEN I WAS TRADING BOATS LAST SUMMER I TESTED A 1860 OR 1760 ? RATED 115 HP. [I THINK ALL THAT IS CORRECT]
    IT GALLAPED AND BUCKED TERRIBLE---DEALER COULD,NT HELP IT--THATS THE ONLY TIME I,VE EVER BEEN AROUND A CRESTLINER---IT LOOKED WONDEFUL AND HAD ALL THE THINGS I,D WANT IN A BOAT
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

i had a 1654 an i think it was the toughest boat i ever owned
    the only problem i had with it was the wind really blew it around
    the boats are well built boats i used it for about 5 yrs an never
    had no problem with it really wish i had kept it

Post Thanks / Like

Tom: I have a good friend who is a Crestliner dealer. I have purchased or traded with himfor 30 years. He was a Stratos dealer, but lost that dealership during the big shakeup several years ago with OMC.
    Crestliner makes a very good boat. Very well constructed. I just don't want an aluminum boat, so my last boat did not come from him. I will get his thought on that model tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom when I was boat shopping I almost baught a Crestliner. They have some very good selling points but.... The guy here that used to sell Crestliners (I won't name him but he sold them in Western Ky.) told me that the decks break down real bad and that he was having trouble with Crestliner standing behind their product. At this time he was still a Crestliner dealer! He said that the trouble he was having probably cost him some return business.

I have dealt with this guy for some time now and I think he was shooting straight with me.

He is no longer a Crestliner dealer.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Wardy Guest

Default Boat

If you're looking.. Lowe has a new one out built for crappie fishing. Dual seats and built in bait storage. It may be worth a look. and most likley a little less $$ than crestliner.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crestline Boats

Tom
    I have a 1650 Fishawk and love it. I also used a 19' crestline in the model you are looking at for work. I dredge lakes, it is abused. We work in shallow water,so we hit stumps and rocks and the bottom. We have a 55hp 4 stroke on it and it runs good and pushes the dredge and pipe great. It has some dints and dings but no leaks. Just my two cents. Ohio Jim
    Last edited by OHIO JIM; 01-24-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

look at a lund you will fall in love again og north to buy one the more you drive the more you save
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast