Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two tone picture tutorial

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two tone picture tutorial

I am going to try and attempt a two tone picture tutorial of how I do my two tone baits. It is an easy process as far as how to do it. The bad part about it is the time it takes to do it. I did not get a good pour on it because I was in a hurry, so some of them do not look great or full, but you get the idea of the process.

I use very thin aluminum sheets that you can find at craft stores. I found mine at Hobby Lobby. You can probably substitute this with aluminum foil or some other thin metal or item. I found the aluminum sheets work good for me. They come two to three to a pack and I just cut them to fit my molds.

Ileave enough room to not block the vent area and also to allow the tip of the injector to fit the hole so that the plastic has enough room to spllit down both sides of it. you can see that in the 3rd pic.

With the two tone baits, when the colors are put together, the transparency of each color will slightly change the contrast of each color.

I hope this is helpful for any who want to try this method.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

here is the final pics of the process and the final bait.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post of how to make a two tone bait. That is a good looking bait too Nice work!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the information! It probably doesn't matter to the fish, but makes something to play with, that no one else has. That is a teriffic bait!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks stump and musky, and musky you would be very suprised at how much it might matter to the fish. I found out a long time ago that just the smallest of differences can mean huge things when color is at hand with crappie. Thanks for the compliments.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

crappieseeker you did a good job on this post we have used that method and it definitely works keep up the good work too hot to work in my shop is another day of hundred and 2° here.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

we caught a break on the temp today. It was overcast this morning. yesterday it was heat index of 112 degrees. It has been hot for too long here,

Post Thanks / Like

by the way, thanks for the compliments snake

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome idea, I never would of thought about that, looks like Sea Horses like them too
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mo, and I had to go back and look at the pic to figure out the seahorse thing