PDA

View Full Version : Smithville in the morning?

LeeinMo
07-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Anyone planning on heading to the lake in the morning? I was going to go tonight until these storms came out of nowhere.

I think I will possibly put in at Crows Creek and head up Camp Branch. Might go for the Smithville Slam again? Lee

got crappie
07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Not going Lee but good luck.

CrappieBen
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Going to put in at W and go north til it gets too hot. Ben

grb22
07-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Good luck, let us know how you did.

beagle man
07-17-2010, 08:02 AM
good fishing and better catching sick em

jackb
07-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Good luck, be safe on the water:)

cook
07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
getting hot already...stay hydrated..I'm getting ready to mow..just got back from the farm feeding the animals.....going be in the a.c. by noon I hope!

CrappieBen
07-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Good luck, let us know how you did.

On the water at 6:00. Can't catch anything on jigs, must just be me. LOL
Pulled out cranks and caught several dinks, 4-5 keepers and several white
bass, man what a load they are on crappie tackle. Hard on equipment! Had
a 13" and 15" w.b. on at same time and in the net at same time, won't do that again with treble hooks what a mess. Great time, for me as long as I am catching sumpin. Don't keep anything.

Ben

awindo4u
07-17-2010, 11:44 AM
On the water at 6:00. Can't catch anything on jigs, must just be me. LOL
Pulled out cranks and caught several dinks, 4-5 keepers and several white
bass, man what a load they are on crappie tackle. Hard on equipment! Had
a 13" and 15" w.b. on at same time and in the net at same time, won't do that again with treble hooks what a mess. Great time, for me as long as I am catching sumpin. Don't keep anything.

Ben

good deal thanks for the report

LeeinMo
07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Well wife and I stayed till about 9:30. Only thing I needed was a Walleye today for the Slam. I even caught me a 3lb flathead on a crankbait today. never caught one of those before.

Of course after fishing in Burtons tournament on Thursday night and not weighing a keeper in. I catch a 5 fish limit this morning in 2 hours. Just my luck again.

Was as calm as you will ever see Smithville on a Saturday. Lee

Ohh yeah 3 Crappies is all I got lol

got crappie
07-17-2010, 01:09 PM
At least you was out Lee just come over the dam looked like a JackB type of day out there.

TnRidge
07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you had a decent day on the lake. :cool:

brushman
07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
took the two little ones out this morning north of roberts. hard to get a bite on jig so i started picking up the floating shad that were about 1 inch long and started dropping them in by the trees and the bite was on. ended up with twelve fish 10-13 inches. off by eleven,getting to hot and the kids want to go home to swim. i also think i saw double d up there doing some stump jumping but other than that it was pretty quiet up there. oh if anyone is interested i did see several schools of whites busting water up there early this morning.

brushman
07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
oh all fish were released to grow up.

got crappie
07-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Rodney up north yesterday the shad was all over the place about 2 inch shad I was wondering if the bite was on minnows. Seen a couple shad floating but not many.The jig bite was real slow had to hold it in front of them forever.

TnRidge
07-17-2010, 08:01 PM
took the two little ones out this morning north of roberts. hard to get a bite on jig so i started picking up the floating shad that were about 1 inch long and started dropping them in by the trees and the bite was on. ended up with twelve fish 10-13 inches. off by eleven,getting to hot and the kids want to go home to swim. i also think i saw double d up there doing some stump jumping but other than that it was pretty quiet up there. oh if anyone is interested i did see several schools of whites busting water up there early this morning.
I might go after White bass in the morning..... I saw them schooling on top yesterday when I was on the water in the early morning.

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
good job!!!

Double D
07-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Danny and I got a late start today. On the water about 8:30 and off by 11:00. Went looking for some new water. 6 fish and all short. Man was it muggy.

LeeinMo
07-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Just got back again. Weather was a little more tolerable this morning. Went up north in Eberts way back. Ended up getting quality fish on Washoppers pink/chart.

Dave the loop knot worked good. I could tell a difference jigging it.

Got my Walleye today, but lost my favorite crankbait today. Looks like I will have t make a stop into Rogers today to get some more.

Water is getting a little dirty now compared to last week.

Lee

gatorbitu
07-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice job!

MOJON
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Just got back again. Weather was a little more tolerable this morning. Went up north in Eberts way back. Ended up getting quality fish on Washoppers pink/chart.

Dave the loop knot worked good. I could tell a difference jigging it.

Got my Walleye today, but lost my favorite crankbait today. Looks like I will have t make a stop into Rogers today to get some more.

Water is getting a little dirty now compared to last week.

Lee

Dude make a lure retriever or buy one and you will not loose another cranbait again!!!!!!!!!!! I thought ud bought one already a month or so ago???

LeeinMo
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I did it was in about 4' of water. I just figured I could reel down to it and unhook it?? Well I thought I had done so pulled the rod up and broke my line. Lure was still on something :mad: