Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Central Texas Anglers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Texas Anglers?

Just wanted to drop a line and see if there are any fellow Central Texas Anglers out there that fish the lakes around Austin. (i.e. Georgetown, Granger, Decker and the Highland lakes...)

If yes, how is the fishing on your favorite lakes?

Cya soon!

Post Thanks / Like

hey sabot..still just hitting Belton most of the time. How's your granger night stalking been? thinking about getting in on the Georgetown Group party later in the year. If the group wants to venture up this way I might be able to find em some fish. BTW this is Schmedley from TFF...Later
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fished Granger at night, heard it's a harder lake to fish at night then during the day. (it's hard enough during the day...)

Fishing Georgetown at night is the trick so far this season. It's been producing some numbers of crappies which is great for this time of the year. Still not limiting out but came close two weeks ago. Weather and family permitted, we will fish G-town each weekend.

I would love to come up and fish Belton and Stillhouse, heard some good reports about them. Seems not many local guys head up that way... How's Stillhouse of late?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you the same Sabot from Texas fishing forum?

Belton has been good. Don't fish stillhouse all that much unless I need a quick fix. never liked it much over there. especially with as windy as it's been.

No good numbers on Belton but the ones we are catching are good sized.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the same old dude...

I have not heard much fishing reports about Stillhouse, I have some family up in that area that fishes around the mouth of the river. I read on the net Stillhouse takes a back seat to Belton. I skied on Stillhouse years ago and recall how clear the water was up in the basin. Is Stillhouse normally a clear water lake? If so, I guess crappie fishing would be best at night under lights like it is here in Georgetown. If I recall right, it's an older lake around 1968.

I saw they had a bass tournie there just a few weeks ago. I think it went along with the boat show. I know they where looking forward to a large turn out. Any news on the event?

As for Belton, I never fished it just skied and swam when I was stationed at Ft. Hood. I don't recall much of the lake any more, I was normally having too much fun chasing skirts then worried about the lake itself.

Post Thanks / Like

plenty of skirts and bikinis on Belton! the tourney they had took about 30 lbs to win I think. the weather was just perfect for the big fish bite. when I do go to Stillhouse, which is not often, I normally fish near the long bridge or up in the river as well. the water is always clear, as is Belton. My opinion is that for Largemouth and Samallmouth the average size fish is better in Stillhouse. I like Belton more because I fish for bass, crappie, white bass, hybrids, and occasionally catfish. stillhouse has all of those except for Hybrids. Bass fishermen prefer Stillhouse because it has large areas of hydrilla, Belton is basically vegetation free. I've just had better luck on Belton. and since I night fish a lot, I can launch from BLORA and not have to worry about someone breaking into my truck. that happened to me last year at a public ramp on Belton.
    Scott

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=smedley]plenty of skirts and bikinis on Belton! the tourney they had took about 30 lbs to win I think. the weather was just perfect for the big fish bite.

Now how could anyone catch 30# of any kind of fish with bikinis around. They need to ban that. a way to distracting.:D :D
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

I know, I almost ran into a boat in a marina one day trying to duck a t-storm. these bikinis pulled in at the same time and I almost wiped out.
    Scott

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

Yepper they are sure a hazzard them sirens(sp) are.
    have a good`un heycods