Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Rock water conditions ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question High Rock water conditions ?

After the 3" rainfall we had Tuesday night Abbotts Creek, in Sheet's Bottom at 47, is very muddy and turbid. Can anyone give a report about the rest of the lake, such as the main channel from Crane Creek to the dam? Is Crane Creek muddy? How does the lower end of Abbotts look? Is it muddy down that way yet? I was planning to do some longlining in the morning from daylight until 10:00 AM. If anyone has this information to share I would greatly appreciate it.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yeppers...Abbotts on Hwy 8 looks good, Flat Swamp is gorgeous...Tuckertown is in good shape also...not sure about the main channel...Seasons was on it today fishing..maybe he can chime in with the main channel report.

Post Thanks / Like

Main channel looked good first part of the evening but got murkier later on in the night. I wouldn't call it muddy just that common Rock stain. I could tell when the rain water started coming in through the night. Some trash floating but not too bad. Looked pretty consistent from Abbotts on down. I didn't go up the lake past Abbotts. Maybe a foot visibility. Maybe.... Started at about 1.5 visibility. Ended up getting about 35 or 40 with a couple white bass and white perch thrown in. Caught a 10 pound flat head. Not too bad but it would have been much better if the water had been clearer.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good report Sundance..thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the water when the sun came up Friday morning. Went into Crane creek and longlined using 2 jigs 1/8 oz each on each rod. Trolled at .8 mph in 18 to 23 ft of water. Caught 6 Crappie in a matter of minutes. They were all legal keepers, just not 10 inches. Thought I was in for a good day. Then the catfish started biting. I bet I caught 15 of those rascals from 2 to 8 lbs. They were fun to catch, but they were not the reason I was there for. The wind got up around 10:00 AM so I moved down the lake near the dam to get out of the wind. I fished the Rowan side in 20 to 40 ft of water. Didn't catch but a few Crappie there, but the catfish were wide open. I caught about 10 more catfish down there. Good morning, I guess. Caught a good number of fish, just not the ones I was after.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Any fish is a good fish and that was a good day
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D