Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross Breed

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cross Breed

I think that I've been hanging out with you guys for Too, Too long,lol.Here's a couple that I tied today using a silicone skirting material.1/24 oz.,1/80 oz. and 1/100 oz.Bluegill killers for sure.Do any of you guys pour any of these kind of skirts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

those skirts are out of my league

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

we do use a lot of that material it makes excellent jigs we have about 40 some different colors of that stuff we use it quite often and I do like the color that you have there.I hope that we can see more of your work.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you guys know where I might get a mold for these skirts?Maybe I'll start pouring some,lol.That will lead to me making things,here we go.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember how it was explained to me those are made in long solid strips and then cut, not poured that way.

I like using skirt material for jigs. Easy and so many things you can do with it.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Do any of you guys know where I might get a mold for these skirts?Maybe I'll start pouring some,lol.That will lead to me making things,here we go.
    bass tackle.com del-mart molds go and look at their molds for making skirts To see what you think.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Those are silicon skirts and not plasitisol ... I would think that it would be cheaper to buy from one of the skirt providers ... that Fire Tiger looks like the one offered by Skirts Unlimited ...

2 cents worth
    JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Those are extruded from a machine and it is ALOT cheaper to buy them already made than trying to get into making them yourself. The colors you can get those in is ENDLESS and they are coming out with more colors all the time. But this is my two cents and that and a dollar MIGHT get you a box of Cracker Jacks...lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok,you all made up my mind for me,lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseFly View Post
    Those are extruded from a machine and it is ALOT cheaper to buy them already made than trying to get into making them yourself. The colors you can get those in is ENDLESS and they are coming out with more colors all the time. But this is my two cents and that and a dollar MIGHT get you a box of Cracker Jacks...lol..
    you are 100% right on silicone skirting . I'd buy it by the pound I did not try to make it myself it is a very hard materials and you cannot compete with the major producers of making up the colors.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast