Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman 7/13 Adventures of OSS & GOOFY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 7/13 Adventures of OSS & GOOFY

Ron and I decide to go early this am and sink a big old cedar he has been saving, so we arrived at the ramp 5:30 am unload the cedar out of the pick-up, Ron says ah just put it up front I ain't going to go fast...... okay but I am tieing the blocks on here at the ramp.....we unload and head out, nice calm morning, so I pour me a cup of coffee and just taking it easy thinking man what a life, and he we are putt putt along at 5 mph...... all is great, well (Goofy decides to put boat up on plane), as soon as it hit plane the dry cedar swung around almost knocking us out of the boat (good thing I tied on the blocks) and blocking Ron's view, my view can't see a dam thing, I tell him oh how brilliant you are...... cedar needles everywhere, in my coffee cup down my neck folks I tell you he tries me sometimes..... got the cedar dropped off and went and found 8 nice crappie in about an hour and brought them back to drop on our bed as primers....... don't know if it works but we are in the tear something up experimental mode this week......got everything done and off the water a little after 9, it was already getting hot, no wind...... just another OSS day............
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:22 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't duck season over? Were you guys building a blind?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Monty
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny stuff! Never thought of priming a brush pile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Ron and I decide to go early this am and sink a big old cedar he has been saving, so we arrived at the ramp 5:30 am unload the cedar out of the pick-up, Ron says ah just put it up front I ain't going to go fast...... okay but I am tieing the blocks on here at the ramp.....we unload and head out, nice calm morning, so I pour me a cup of coffee and just taking it easy thinking man what a life, and he we are putt putt along at 5 mph...... all is great, well (Goofy decides to put boat up on plane), as soon as it hit plane the dry cedar swung around almost knocking us out of the boat (good thing I tied on the blocks) and blocking Ron's view, my view can't see a dam thing, I tell him oh how brilliant you are...... cedar needles everywhere, in my coffee cup down my neck folks I tell you he tries me sometimes..... got the cedar dropped off and went and found 8 nice crappie in about an hour and brought them back to drop on our bed as primers....... don't know if it works but we are in the tear something up experimental mode this week......got everything done and off the water a little after 9, it was already getting hot, no wind...... just another OSS day............

Too funny. That spot will be easy to find back with that pink (AKA PANK) spot in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad you're both OK....

But did you notice the reflection.....:D
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hell, Monty, as much as you and Ron are down there, I'm sure neither of you needed to see where you were going anyways. Now.........just where did you sink that big ol' cedar?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frosty that is what we felt like

glad only one boat seen or goofy hinnines out there..... Bob sank cedar just about 12' north of the T-10 sign............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    But did you notice the reflection.....:D
    Love it FROSTY!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    glad only one boat seen or goofy hinnines out there..... Bob sank cedar just about 12' north of the T-10 sign............
    Thanks for the info. Sounds kinda odd tho. I don't think I've ever had my boat in that particular location........on purpose anyways!:D:rolleyes:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast