Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please rate your favorite Bait Shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please rate your favorite Bait Shop.

I just spent the last two weeks redesigning and loading data into BaitshopGuide.com. Please take a moment to go look.

If you see anything wrong, please let me know. You can create an account, and rate your favorite bait shop. You can also contact me to suggest a bait shop. I'm sure I'm missing many, especially many Ma and Pa bait shops. Those are the ones I'd really like to help are those Ma and Pa bait shops no-one seems to know about.

I really tried to keep the site simple, without a lot of extra stuff that no one would ever use. Just a list of bait shops and a search facility, all sorted out by State.

If you dig into the site, and look a little deeper, you'll see a link for an interactive map. It's kinda a nice Google Map Feature I enabled.

You can see a satellite view of the state with bubble over all the Bait Shops listed. Here are some cool features of that map you might want to check out.
    • Double click the map to zoom in.
    • Drag the map to move it around (click and hold while over the map, and move your mouse)
    • After you zoom in and locate a bait shop you are interested in, click on the bubble. You can "view profile" of the bait shop, or even better, click on "Add Streetview". Below the map, you'll see the streetview of in front of the bait shop. I think that's awesome. Click near a baitshop near a coast and see if you can find the ocean! lol
    • Please realize that "streetview" is a newer google feature and it does not work with all addresses.
    I think the new site is neat. Please look it over, and provide comments to me here. Also, register and rate your local bait shop, help them out. Thanks all.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Slab, I note the rating is numbers in the little window for a shop are 1 through 5 with 1 at the top. Is 1 the highest rating or is 5 the highest rating. Presumably, 5 is highest, but it is not clear unless I missed something somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, 5 is the highest rating, then you get 5 stars. Like a 5 star hotel I guess.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Darn Slab it's right here in my house, LOL! Not only my jigs, but I have so many crank baits, jerk baits, etc and all the soft plastic one could want for crappie and bass with a lot of it still in it's original package and never used. Now this is a sickness deluxe.

Oh an not to mention I have to order anything I don't have or make because I am so far from any kind or real bait shop it's crazy. Heck I am 40 miles form Walmart.

Just funin' here, but will look to see if where I buy minnows is listed as that is one thing in our favor here is in town we have the distributor for the area so still can get minnows pretty low cost especially when compared to others.

Hey I can't use my same user name and password I use here? I do have a very good one to add.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 07-13-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Skip, you have to register all over again. It's almost impossible to sync all the darn passwords across systems. The problem is, they need to be fully integrated so that if you change the password on one, they change them all, immediately, and that is difficult to do.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

No Problem Slab, I will get-R-done.

Hey they don't even have a email, but I tried to list it and hope it took. I did this not for them as much as any member coming here fishing as you can't get minnows this cheap any other place near here as they supply to all the other bait shops around. Save some money at like $9 pound for minnows.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 07-13-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, to get things moving along, I'm going to give everyone that helps me a "I'd rather be crappie fishing" window sticker, see below.

Let me summarize how you can get one of the window decals:
    • Post baitshop info here on this thread of a valid baitshop not on the list. You need Baitshop name, Phone number and address information, plus email/website if they have'em.
    • Post a nice review of a baitshop you actually visited. This you have to do on BaitshopGuide.com, by registering, and adding the review yourself.
    • Another way is to register the baitshop yourself if you own the baitshop. You can do this through the interface on BaitshopGuide.com.

The decal is approximately 24" by 2", it's big.

The decal is an outside of glass decal. It's not white on black, it just looks that way in the picture. It's just the white letters. It's applied with transfer paper. You take the sticker off the paper, leaving it on the transfer paper, and then you apply the transfer paper to the window, peal the transfer paper off the window, leaving the sticker applied to the window. You know that kind. Ask me about it if you have questions. Here's what it looks like.

Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Lakeway Archery And Outfitters
    197 Scenic Loop #333
    Grenada, MS 38901
    [email protected]

GREAT PLACE RIGHT NEAR THE LAKE
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

PRO Lures Tackle
    22106 Highway 8 E
    Grenada, MS 38901
    662-226-1510

Good bait shop on the way to the lake also.
    Good to "foreigners" like us from Iowa. LOL
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that are helping, please PM me your Mailing Address so I can send you the decals.

You'll get that decal pictured above (I'd rather be crappie fishing), and you'll also get the one pictured here:
    but only in white, not yellow. I have a ton of white vinyl. No you don't get the scents, sorry. They cost too much to mail, otherwise I'd give you some of that too!

Yes, PM me so I don't send duplicates, and yes, even though I may have your address, I like to double check, just to make sure of the correct addy.

Thanks guys. The site is rolling. I think this will be a very good thing. Bait shop referrals based on member reviews. Some of your comments are great.

You have to think this is going to help everyone tremendously. The Baitshops and the fishermen. I'm really liking this idea. Thank you all for participating in this new website launch. I love it.
    Owner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast