Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eufaula trip a BUST!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eufaula trip a BUST!

Well it was fun anyway but not many fish caught. It was a family reunion thing so actually we had a great trip. All the kids had a great time at Jellystone Park – LOT’S to do and super lake.

I’m sure you’ve heard of all the flooding in the OKC area, well that didn’t help the fishing. The lake was three feet high and muddy. We had a great guide and worked hard, the fish just didn’t cooperate. Told us it was his worst day ever on the lake – JUST MY LUCK! Anywho he gave us a break so we tipped him even though we did not have a great day of catching. He even offered to load up the boat and take us to a different place. We turned it down cause sometimes it’s just not your day. Caught a few but not many keepers.

Hope to get back there someday under better conditions. It’s only about a 5 ½ hour drive from Kearney, pulling the boat. Did manage a to catch a few nice keepers on my own but they were the green kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, glad your family had a good trip despite the slow fishing. I didn't know Oklahoma had a Smithville lake there too

Post Thanks / Like

tough luck man, seems like that is the way it goes, been there done that exprexion comes to mind, glad you had a good trip despite the no great catch, better luck next time.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I didn't know Oklahoma had a Smithville lake there too
    He's Back!

That's what I was thinking, 5 minute or 5 hour drive – same result unless you could get a trip with gotcrapppie Dave!:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Well Bill you gave it try.Sorry it didn't work out better.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Bill...sorry the fish wouldn't bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    He's Back!

That's what I was thinking, 5 minute or 5 hour drive – same result unless you could get a trip with gotcrapppie Dave!:D:D
    At least you got out of Dodge with the family; waaayyyy more important than catching fish. I hear after the tournament win Dave now has a guide service on Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the fishing didn't work out for you, I have to go to Oklahoma to pic up my daughter this weekend and 2 of my buddies want to go down there with me to fish Eufaula I hope the conditions improve by the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, sorry to hear your Eufaula trip didn't turn out well, fishing wise. Eufaula is a tremendous fishery. My only trip down there was in late January and we had a blast catching big slabs way up Gaines creek. I know the high muddy water was the problem.
    Better luck next time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll tell you one thing Jack, I,m not going to steal your spots!!!!!! LOL
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast