PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula trip a BUST!

keeferfish
07-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Well it was fun anyway but not many fish caught. It was a family reunion thing so actually we had a great trip. All the kids had a great time at Jellystone Park Ė LOTíS to do and super lake.

Iím sure youíve heard of all the flooding in the OKC area, well that didnít help the fishing. The lake was three feet high and muddy. We had a great guide and worked hard, the fish just didnít cooperate. Told us it was his worst day ever on the lake Ė JUST MY LUCK! Anywho he gave us a break so we tipped him even though we did not have a great day of catching. He even offered to load up the boat and take us to a different place. We turned it down cause sometimes itís just not your day. Caught a few but not many keepers.

Hope to get back there someday under better conditions. Itís only about a 5 Ĺ hour drive from Kearney, pulling the boat. Did manage a to catch a few nice keepers on my own but they were the green kind.:eek:

jackb
07-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Bill, glad your family had a good trip despite the slow fishing. I didn't know Oklahoma had a Smithville lake there too:eek::)

beagle man
07-13-2010, 07:55 AM
tough luck man, seems like that is the way it goes, been there done that exprexion comes to mind, glad you had a good trip despite the no great catch, better luck next time.

keeferfish
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I didn't know Oklahoma had a Smithville lake there too:eek::)

He's Back!

That's what I was thinking, 5 minute or 5 hour drive Ė same result unless you could get a trip with gotcrapppie Dave!:D:D

got crappie
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Well Bill you gave it try.Sorry it didn't work out better.

Joedog
07-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Welcome back, Bill...sorry the fish wouldn't bite.

jackb
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
He's Back!

That's what I was thinking, 5 minute or 5 hour drive Ė same result unless you could get a trip with gotcrapppie Dave!:D:D

At least you got out of Dodge with the family; waaayyyy more important than catching fish. I hear after the tournament win Dave now has a guide service on Smithville:)

STL Crappie Nightmare
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry the fishing didn't work out for you, I have to go to Oklahoma to pic up my daughter this weekend and 2 of my buddies want to go down there with me to fish Eufaula I hope the conditions improve by the weekend.

bwillaub
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Bill, sorry to hear your Eufaula trip didn't turn out well, fishing wise. Eufaula is a tremendous fishery. My only trip down there was in late January and we had a blast catching big slabs way up Gaines creek. I know the high muddy water was the problem.
Better luck next time.

got crappie
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Well I'll tell you one thing Jack, I,m not going to steal your spots!!!!!! LOL

bwillaub
07-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Well I'll tell you one thing Jack, I,m not going to steal your spots!!!!!! LOL

Jack has spots?? The only spots I thought Jack had were floating across his eyes??

jackb
07-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Jack has spots?? The only spots I thought Jack had were floating across his eyes??

The only spots I have on Smithville are in the W parking lot:) And Bob, those spots floating across my eyes are KATIE spots:)

got crappie
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Bob hes got spots that just him and the big boats know about.

bwillaub
07-13-2010, 11:25 AM
And Bob, those spots floating across my eyes are KATIE spots:)

Oh hell, say it ain't so! Are those spots little hearts? Love is a bloomin?

jackb
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh hell, say it ain't so! Are those spots little hearts? Love is a bloomin?

IT ABSOLUTELY IS!!:):):)

gatorbitu
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Better luck next time.

bwillaub
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Better luck next time.

Was that to Bill or Jack??:D:cool:

keeferfish
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Was that to Bill or Jack??:D:cool:

I would guess KATIE is the one that needs the LUCK!:D:D:D