Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something brand-new

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default something brand-new

we have tried this jig insert up and put the body in rubber this is the very first one we will be making more in the future let me know what you guys think.[/IMG]

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks great. I have been trying to decide how I can do some plastic hair jig mixes kind of like the jiffy jigs. I never use to catch many fish with the head inside the plastic, however I think that setup with the hair or feather looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

looks as if you just dipped it into plastic to coat it over the top of the jig, is this correct?

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    looks as if you just dipped it into plastic to coat it over the top of the jig, is this correct?
    yes I idea dipped it which you will be able to do quite a few different things doing it that way also you can't powder coat the body you will get different effects by using clear coat In glitter and other materials. It should be fun all be able to put eyeballs on it also a 3-D ones. Also I'm thinking about using a torch and putting stripes on the body by barely heating up the hot plastic or using a piece of wood and dipping it in hot plastic encrypting it on the body.

www.bobsjigs.com

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good looking jig. I think it will work too.

And look at your pic!!:D Nicely done.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    yes I idea dipped it which you will be able to do quite a few different things doing it that way also you can't powder coat the body you will get different effects by using clear coat In glitter and other materials. It should be fun all be able to put eyeballs on it also a 3-D ones. Also I'm thinking about using a torch and putting stripes on the body by barely heating up the hot plastic or using a piece of wood and dipping it in hot plastic encrypting it on the body.
    OOOOOh. I would like to see the heat stripe deal. that would be cool :D
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

snake if you use clear plastic on your first dip, you can use permanent markers and make colored stripes and then redip another coat of clear to set up the marker so that it will stay. It works pretty good. Really you can use any color plastic and then use other color markers and then the finish coat be clear. Here is a picture of one of a gone but not forgotten friend of ours who used the method and it looks good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    snake if you use clear plastic on your first dip, you can use permanent markers and make colored stripes and then redip another coat of clear to set up the marker so that it will stay. It works pretty good. Really you can use any color plastic and then use other color markers and then the finish coat be clear. Here is a picture of one of a gone but not forgotten friend of ours who used the method and it looks good.
    yes that really looks good will definitely try to use that technique.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for all the compliments we appreciate your feedback very much.

www.bobsjigs.com

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats awesome. thanks for the tip and all the post. I need to start doing my part and post some of my baits that way I can help other plastic makers
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast