Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

fished south and middle fork from 8 till noon, caught 60-70 but only hauled 3 home. minnr's with char. nibblers, water aint bad but coming from a guy that fishes bull shoals (muddy to me), but water you can see 3 feet down. alot of logs in the morning to dodge but by noon debris was washed away. fish quit biting at about 11:30. fished trees in 40 fow 8 feet down. going to try again in the afternoon to dusk thur. to see if we can get the biggins to bite. shad is everywhere so if thats the case mark twain might be a hot spot for yrs to come.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be there this weekend to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice honest report RR. Will be put'n in at Allen bout 8 or 9 in the morn. I suggest 10 to 15 feet around the tree's, minnow's only. Alotta dinks, but there's gotta be a few pig's somewhere. Be there til friday, stay'n at the Country Inn. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

guess ill head up sunday too! I hear the fishin is gettin good. will post report after the headache goes away! luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it I wish dad was home. Oh well good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twains Crappie Dan View Post
    Nice honest report RR. Will be put'n in at Allen bout 8 or 9 in the morn. I suggest 10 to 15 feet around the tree's, minnow's only. Alotta dinks, but there's gotta be a few pig's somewhere. Be there til friday, stay'n at the Country Inn. Good Luck.
    couldn't get it down to 10-15 dinks hit on drop. just tried minn'r no nibbles. even tried 2 minn'rs.

Post Thanks / Like

tough luck man, but you got out, caught a few and maby had a good time. maby try this. when you have trouble getting past the dinks, pitch the bait out past the drop spot and let it fall out from the dinks. or try adding more weight to help drop it faster. better luck next time

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my father went down Saturday evening. we put in at south fork and fished lots of cove openings. Caught a lot of small ones but ended up with our limits for all 3. They were in anywhere from 15-30 fow and anywhere from 5-15 ft deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, rr. Thanks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished North Fork both Sat. and Sun. and had limits of 9.5-13 inch fish. Had a few shorts but not many. I fished standing timber in 25-30 FOW and caught most fish 12-14 feet down using red/white Crappie Thunder jigs and a minnow. I was done by 11 or 1130 each day. Keep after em! They are out there! I'm already looking forward to the weekend and gettin out there again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast