Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARRRG (It's a good thing I love my kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Default ARRRG (It's a good thing I love my kids)

Got home from work friday night. Walked into the garage to put some cloths in the washer. I see my $90 rod laying in the middle of the garage. Picked it up and it was broke in half. Of couse both the older ones blamed it on the baby (they always do that). Im was sooooo upset. Still am. Any suggestions on a good rod? This one was a browning. When I fished plastic worm I could feel the rocks on the bottom of the lake.

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be sorely tempted to put a lien on their piggybanks if that had
    happened to me :D but their momma probably wouldn't let me :rolleyes:
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    I'd be sorely tempted to put a lien on their piggybanks if that had
    happened to me :D but their momma probably wouldn't let me :rolleyes:

Ya know its funny you said that. They have been putting away thier allowance money for a few weeks now. I told them that all that money was going towards a new rod. Don't know if I will actually do it but they think I am. I have done just about everything else trying to teach them to keep their hands off of things that do not belong to them. They have destroyed my Dallas Cowboys collection (pictures and some lower end collectable stuff). They think every thing is there for them to play with.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The next time you are around them, pick up an All Star and see what you think. I have a 6½ footer that is very light and very sensitive. I rarely go bass fishing any more but when I did I used that rig just for plastic worms.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    The next time you are around them, pick up an All Star and see what you think. I have a 6½ footer that is very light and very sensitive. I rarely go bass fishing any more but when I did I used that rig just for plastic worms.

All Star? Who carries them? Only place around here to get fishing equipment is Wally World. Im gonna have to order a good rod online.

Thanks again

Glen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlenC
    Ya know its funny you said that. They have been putting away thier allowance money for a few weeks now. I told them that all that money was going towards a new rod. Don't know if I will actually do it but they think I am. I have done just about everything else trying to teach them to keep their hands off of things that do not belong to them. They have destroyed my Dallas Cowboys collection (pictures and some lower end collectable stuff). They think every thing is there for them to play with.
    Money probably wouldn't mean much to them for now, But if you took there Game Boy or favorite toy and told them you was going to hock it to pay for your rod they might feel the pain a little more when it hits close to home. Just a suggestion. Just take it away for a few weeks and let them think about it.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    Money probably wouldn't mean much to them for now, But if you took there Game Boy or favorite toy and told them you was going to hock it to pay for your rod they might feel the pain a little more when it hits close to home. Just a suggestion. Just take it away for a few weeks and let them think about it.

LOL been there done that. My boy lost his playstation for over a month one time. Thats why I said I have tried everything but making them pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several All Star Classics and love them. Most of mine are casters in medium-heavy to heavy. The actions are fantastic and they are very sensitive. Bass Pro Shops carry them. They sell in the $90 range.

I also have several Brownings. These are my favorites. I have a Citori spinner in medium. I have several casters in medium to medium-heavy. I tend to use these the most. The Medallions are excellent rods. At $50 (for the Medallion), you won't cry too hard when you slam a truck door on the tip.
    Last edited by SkyChimp; 01-23-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

Man If that happened to my Tn handle browning. Heads would roll. I love that rod. Even though people laught that you would buy a rod that you have to tape the reel on. LOL
    But like you . I can feel so much more with it.
    I think My next project will be a rod storrage cabinet that can be locked hole about 30 rods and reels and the rest of my tackle.

I bet the broke rod would make a good switch.. HEHE
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heaven forbid using a switch! Now days you have to give your kids a "time out!" Heck the only time outs I got was while my dad stopped to catch his breath while he was fanning my rear!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast