Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok guys, gonna do my first crankbait pulling this wednesday

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Ok guys, gonna do my first crankbait pulling this wednesday

I am gonna give it a try here on Pickwick Lake around the Mill Creek area. I have got to get me a few Bandits and was just wandering if any of you had did any pulling in this area and if so, what colors should I get. I dont have but like 2 bandits at this time, so I have to start to build my arsenal slowly so wife dont kill me any help appreciated

thanks

maachuu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maachuu View Post
    I am gonna give it a try here on Pickwick Lake around the Mill Creek area. I have got to get me a few Bandits and was just wandering if any of you had did any pulling in this area and if so, what colors should I get. I dont have but like 2 bandits at this time, so I have to start to build my arsenal slowly so wife dont kill me any help appreciated

thanks

maachuu
    wish i could i could help but myself i never used them before but after this weekend of catching only small crappie I'm going to pick up couple myself and go into the deeper water column and see from what i see on my FF produces any

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

maachuu
    anything with chartreuse and/or orange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley View Post
    Thanks abarkley, will pick me up some tomorrow , thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

check out the spladder back charteuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Definantly give a report of how it goes. I'm considering trying it soon as well. I've never used cranks but I've caught bass that way on rattletraps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley View Post
    been reading but not sure which size to go with, the 200 or 300, according to the chart you can pull the 300 shallow by letting out less line. any suggestions ??

thanks

maachuu

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Most only pull the 300's because you can make them dive shallow or deep. I start off pulling two of each until I find the depth fish are biting at and will adjust to make them run at the right depths. They will have different action and have had days where the 100 will out fish the other two but most of the time I end up running 300 and 200. I would start buying the 300 and if you stay with pulling cranks get a few of the others. Good luck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I have been pulling for about a year and all I have are '300s. As far as color, ask that on the Mississippi board. Pearl/black is my go to color in Arkansas.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

been reading but not sure which size to go with, the 200 or 300, according to the chart you can pull the 300 shallow by letting out less line. any suggestions ??

thanks

maachuu
    The bandit 300 and the lindy #7 is working good on pickwick right now. Saturday like aj said anything with chart or orange worked. Saturday we had cloud cover pretty much all day that will effect your color also.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast