Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bayou Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bayou Sale

Have any of you Acadiana guys recently fished the Bayou Sale canals behind Burns Point? I got a hint the other day that the sacs were being cooperative there, but it's a long trip, especially if the specks/redfish are not offering a back-up opportunity in the bay. Any "WAG's" would be appreciated.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, never heard of the place. I heard of Bayou self....lol.. Hope you can find something on it.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny -
    Bayou Sale (Pronounced "Sally") is a complex of quite old oil-field canals and production facilities in St. Mary Parish between US 90 and Cote Blanche Bay, with the canals mostly west of the Intracoastal Canal and near the bay (Take the Centerville exit just north of the Calumet Cut). It was developed and once owned by the Atlantic Richfield Company and has historically been a "sneaky-good" spot for bass and sacs.
    Apparently, like most other spots, it takes a little familiarizing, since I didn't do squat the last time I was there. 'Course, there you go again - me and sacs!
    Anyway, it is a real place, and it has been good. Just curious if it's been good lately.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I've never fished it and my Dad made his living working for Texaco in that area. He mentioned Bayou Sale quite often back then but it meant nothing to me. Last year while talking to some truck drivers that were familiar with the area I learned that it was a great spot for sac-au-lait. They told me that they just fished from the bank off of the road into one of the docks down there. I still don't have a clue but I do know it has fish. With the hurricanes that went through there over the past years, I figured that it would have been flooded with so much salt water that the fresh water fish would not be good for quite a few years, but not so according to them.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

PPG, that's what I've been hearing. Apparently the place is continuously flushed by a bayou feeding it from the Calumet Cut. Whatever, I guess I must go make a pahrute!
    Appreciate the comeback!
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy yourself and bring back the pictures.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I've been there one time. A few years ago, a friend of mine invited me to go gator hunting with him in the canals near the mouth of Bayou Sale just off Burns Point. He and a few friends landed 34 that morning. Two were 11 1/2 feet. Watch where you put your hand.